Pro Stock Qualifying (1 Viewer)

Ramjet

Nitro Member
Pro Stock Qualifying times are from 6.492 to 6.540. You usually take about .04 to blink. that means that the field is .008 slower than a blink. Not much time for a SNOOZE.

I love pro stock! Feel bad for alan p. Just seems like he fighting a losing battle with the hemis???

I love pro stock! Feel bad for alan p. Just seems like he fighting a losing battle with the hemis???
The Hemi’s were done when they took away the higher RPM limit. It’s all about where the power is with the chamber configuration.

If I'm right about the points all EE has to do is win 1 round to clinch. I know the National record can affect the points I doubt if that's even a possibility. Am I wrong?

If I'm right about the points all EE has to do is win 1 round to clinch. I know the National record can affect the points I doubt if that's even a possibility. Am I wrong?
Yes you are wrong. Points are not awarded for setting records anymore and haven't been for several years.

The Hemi’s were done when they took away the higher RPM limit. It’s all about where the power is with the chamber configuration.
No real surprise there. NHRA has a history of legislating Hemi cars out of competition.

Alan p. says the rpms arent the problem,seems like it is tho. Also heard its because the sunoco fuel??

what I'm wondering is since the type of motor no longer has to match the body style, why the mustangs still haven't advanced. you have to look twice to decipher a pro stock mustang from a pro stock Camaro, Other than the decals on the car they seem to have nearly the same shape

Alan p. says the rpms arent the problem,seems like it is tho. Also heard its because the sunoco fuel??
I have been told by somebody who would know that the Sunoco is more P/S friendly. It has a wider tuning window than the VP does. Just repeating what I was told. It could be that the hemi doesn't like it, don't know.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back