Pro stock dodges (7 Viewers)

Jer

Nitro Member
Seems like they have no chance? Alan pruz was back out this weekend but was pretty far off. I heard on intercom the other dodge car,miller had the engine assembled by roy johnson,he didnt even make the field. Does the rev limiter really make that much difference for the dodge cars? Like to see them do good!

Everyone forgets that Allen & Roy went 6.54 on fuel injection. I dug into this before looking at old results. While they never won with the fuel injection, they regularly qualified at least middle of the pack, and I believe as high as third or fourth if I remember correctly. There was a new head released for the Dodges before they ended their program, but from what I understand, not enough of them to go around. If Miller is working with Roy, he's on the right track, and that explains why he wasn't too far off pace.

Everyone forgets that Allen & Roy went 6.54 on fuel injection. I dug into this before looking at old results. While they never won with the fuel injection, they regularly qualified at least middle of the pack, and I believe as high as third or fourth if I remember correctly. There was a new head released for the Dodges before they ended their program, but from what I understand, not enough of them to go around. If Miller is working with Roy, he's on the right track, and that explains why he wasn't too far off pace.
Isnt that when they changed to 10,500? Think they were shulifting around 13k

Actually he won in Denver 2016, which I believe was the first winner that wasn't Anderson or Line for the season, and the rest of the year there were different winners going forward:
Pro Stock Final, Round 4 Eliminations
By Rick Green

MORRISON, Colo. - Results of final, round 4 eliminations in Pro Stock at the NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series, 37th annual Mopar Mile-High NHRA Nationals:

Car#-Driver(Opp'nt)-RT-----ET---Speed-----Car#-Driver(Opp'nt)-RT----ET---Speed
3 Allen Johnson 6 Vincent Nobile
E4 ****WINNER**** 0.047 6.982 197.39 0.008 7.037 196.82
Prior rounds:
E3 (G Anderson ) 0.030 6.986 196.42 (J Line ) 0.053 16.014 52.83
E2 (E Enders-Ste) 0.021 7.000 196.53 (A Laughlin ) 0.023 7.031 196.50
E1 (D Skillman ) 0.032 7.000 196.59 (J Coughlin J) 0.015 7.000 197.13
Qualified: #10 6.988 197.25 #9 6.981 197.25
Weather conditions: air temperature 91 degrees, relative humidity 20 percent, barometer 24.27 inches, adjusted altitude 9,592 feet, track temperature 103 degrees.
Both drivers qualified in the bottom half of the show and the last time that happened was in Indy in 2008...Johnson is 18 - 10 against Nobile in prior events and Johnson is 5 - 1 against Nobile in prior final rounds. Nobile with the starting line advantage, Johnson grabs the lead around 300 feet and never trails from there on for the win. Johnson wins for the seventh time here on the Mountain. Johnson wins his first race this year and the 27th time in his career.

I thought it was more to do with lack of factory support.
To some degree, yes, as I stated earlier...not much for head castings were made when they were last done. Chrysler didn't really do much for non-factory teams though after the 70's. Sort of like running a Harley in Pro Stock Bike...it's great if you're in...good luck if you're out.

Did aj sell his engines along with everything else? I thought he sold his car to an internatl buyer and they didnt run what nhra does

Who can blame the factory for a lack of support for the Dodges?
Every time they start out performing the GM cars, NHRA steps in with a new rule that adversely affects the Dodges.
It’s tough enough to beat other teams straight up. But, it becomes dang near impossible when NHRA gets involved with their one-sided rules.

I couldn't recall that, thanks. Just backs up the fact that un-competitive Dodge problems aren't related to the engine platform...
Id like to see alan p do some good,just cant seem to come up with power?? His speed was about 5 mph off from rest of field at mg. Maybe he should build a chevy engine over the winter amd throw it in his dart to see hiw that goes??

Who can blame the factory for a lack of support for the Dodges?
Every time they start out performing the GM cars, NHRA steps in with a new rule that adversely affects the Dodges.
It’s tough enough to beat other teams straight up. But, it becomes dang near impossible when NHRA gets involved with their one-sided rules.

What rule did they come out with after Darrell Alderman won three championships in a Dodge? What about Allen Johnson's in 2012? Fuel Injection didn't come until 2016.

I'm going to bite my tongue at what the obvious response would be to the first since it was never 'proven'.

Id like to see alan p do some good,just cant seem to come up with power?? His speed was about 5 mph off from rest of field at mg. Maybe he should build a chevy engine over the winter amd throw it in his dart to see hiw that goes??

He's done that before...ran an Iaconio motor...

So if NHRA want's everything equal, why don't they allow the Mopar's to run higher rpm?
Much simpler, more fair and less controversial to just let the Mopars run DRCE engines. One reason you don't see many mopars even with DRCE engines is the cars themselves. The Challenger is an aero brick and about all they have left is the Avenger which went out of production 10 years ago and wasn't exactly an attractive piece when it was being built.

Somebody mentioned 13K rpm. Never happened; a PS 500 would never withstand or even achieve that kind of RPM and it wouldn't help it anyway. 11,500 was about it and at that, power was starting to fall off. They aren't 1.6 liter F1 engines....;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back