Pro Stock Burndown Today (1 Viewer)

nhra better fix this with another staging rule, or it's gonna happen again. just take a look thru Q and elims in PS lately. the RT's are telepathic.
these guys and gal are looking for anything

Funny how Bruno said after he got out of the car something to the effect that the wrong decision was made because they were there to race after claiming he was an employee or something. Alan bit his tongue and said basically, yep...and that was the problem. They didn't seem to want to race. After 3 minutes of jerkmanship the right decision was made.

If both PS drivers refuse to stage, let them sit there until they overheat or run out of fuel. Then, push them back and send them home. That way, the drivers themselves decide what happens.
Maybe that will bring some excitement to what is now an otherwise boring class.
Well, the drivers did decide what happens. They chose to ignore the starter and suffered the consequences.

Who were the two PS drivers, when Buster was still with us, that got into an epic burndown? Was it WJ and Bob Glidden? Buster made them back out of the pre-staged lights and shut them off. In his unique way of "communicating" with the drivers he went over to both and told them to go back, stage their cars and race. Which they did.
With 20/20 hindsight, I wonder if that might have been the way to handle Massel and McGaha.
I can't help but chuckle that Bruno tried intimidating a relatively new driver, several years his junior, and they both got DQ'd for it.
If they ever face each other again, I wonder who is going to double bulb the other?
I know WJ and Scott Geoffrion got into a burndown at Atlanta(?) and WJ won the round. He was ticked at the end of the race and told Steve Evans he wanted to teach the "punk" a lesson. Evans countered by saying the rule book doesn't say who has to stage first. That caused WJ to sputter a bit.

I think it was Glidden & Lee Shepherd. Buster told both of them to back up, then went & talked to each. Buster said, "how ya doin?" Of course, both drivers said OK and then Buster had them re-stage & race. Heh I would not have wanted to see Buster heading my way.....

Who were the two PS drivers, when Buster was still with us, that got into an epic burndown? Was it WJ and Bob Glidden? Buster made them back out of the pre-staged lights and shut them off. In his unique way of "communicating" with the drivers he went over to both and told them to go back, stage their cars and race. Which they did.
With 20/20 hindsight, I wonder if that might have been the way to handle Massel and McGaha.
I can't help but chuckle that Bruno tried intimidating a relatively new driver, several years his junior, and they both got DQ'd for it.
If they ever face each other again, I wonder who is going to double bulb the other?
I know WJ and Scott Geoffrion got into a burndown at Atlanta(?) and WJ won the round. He was ticked at the end of the race and told Steve Evans he wanted to teach the "punk" a lesson. Evans countered by saying the rule book doesn't say who has to stage first. That caused WJ to sputter a bit.
Here is 1994 from Houston, could not find anything else in my video library, some newer one's that are ok, no fights or yelling in those

Here is 1994 from Houston, could not find anything else in my video library, some newer one's that are ok, no fights or yelling in those
Thanks Jim. That was the race I was trying to remember. Geez, that was in 1994. Where have the 27 years gone since then?
That was back when Pro Stock was still exciting.
As much as I liked hearing Big Mac, he talked over whatever Buster was saying to WJ.
But, I’m sure it was a pleasant conversation.

Well, I think it was Rick Stewart possibly, but I am sure it was either 1997 or 1998 that there was a double DQ - I think it was at Englishtown, but maybe Columbus - that involved Darrell Alderman and Bruce Allen. It was the same situation as this one, neither would stage. That was the only Double DQ I can recall in any category.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back