Pro Stock Bike cancled at Epping? (1 Viewer)

JC

Nitro Member
I was listening to audiocast yesterday and Reinhart said pro bike had been canceled for next weeks Epping race. Anyone heard why they did this at the "last minute"? No alcohol cars, pro mod or bikes will be running.. Sounds like a bare bones meet to me!

I misspoke yesterday when I said Angie would go back to defend her race win. The 2015 schedule has and always had the bikes back in Brainerd and they will run there instead of Epping.

It was not a "last minute" decision.
Sorry,
AR

I have been a spectator for many years and I have friends who have run an alcohol funny car for the past 30 years.

I have always loved the Alcohol classes more then the Pro classes.

I think many of us like certain classes more then others.

Just my opinon
Jim
http://www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

I prefer alky to Pro also, but Jim, is there a "tune" that needs to be changed about the ally cars running at Epping (nat. event) or is it just skipped out based on the rotation of LODRS classes this year? There is Comp this year, while there was not last year.

I prefer alky to Pro also, but Jim, is there a "tune" that needs to be changed about the ally cars running at Epping (nat. event) or is it just skipped out based on the rotation of LODRS classes this year? There is Comp this year, while there was not last year.

My understanding is that pit parking at Epping is extremely limited. The Alky cars have not run at the National Event in Epping since it was added to the schedule (nor have the Pro Mods), so this really shouldn't be a surprise that they aren't running there this year.

My understanding is that pit parking at Epping is extremely limited. The Alky cars have not run at the National Event in Epping since it was added to the schedule (nor have the Pro Mods), so this really shouldn't be a surprise that they aren't running there this year.
Ok, that would make sense. Unfortunately, though it's my closest national event, timing has been terrible for me to make it yet, so I hadn't known there had be no alky cars at all, so far. Arnie Martel had to lobby pretty hard to get Comp included this year (which worked out pretty well for him, haha). Perhaps the TAFC and TAD membership of SRAC can try to do the same.

I asked some of the locals up there, the word going around was that the Div. 1 race up there gets really good crowds at Epping every year! And the Track Owner/Promotor thought adding the Alcohol classes to the Nat. event would hurt attendance!

I asked some of the locals up there, the word going around was that the Div. 1 race up there gets really good crowds at Epping every year! And the Track Owner/Promotor thought adding the Alcohol classes to the Nat. event would hurt attendance!
BINGO !!

Chris Cook your comment was the following,

I do understand the problems at Epping and I understand they are real.

My problem is no alcohol cars at Atlanta, Bristol, Englishtown and Epping and some other big events.

It sad to see happening and I believe someday the same tracks and promoters will ask them to return as the show get's worse and attendance falls off even further then it already has.

It's just my opinion and I respect that fact that others have their own opinions.

Jimbo
http://www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

My problem is no alcohol cars at Atlanta, Bristol, Englishtown and Epping and some other big events.

It sad to see happening and I believe someday the same tracks and promoters will ask them to return as the show get's worse and attendance falls off even further then it already has.

Jim;

I kindly disagree with your statement. If alcohol cars could be used to prop up attendance, then Divisional/Regional events would have decent attendance. As it is, with the exception of 1 or 2 Regional events (Norwalk comes to mind), NOBODY attends Regional events besides the racers. Also, track promoters aren't too heartbroken when there are no alcohol cars, they are expensive classes to run compared to all of the other sportsman classes in terms of payout and track prep, and they don't generate the "back gate" that the super categories do.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back