Pro Mod (1 Viewer)

The answer is hard to define, but I do think, given that the cars are optimized for the Nitrous (gearing, camshaft, intake design, etc) that they would not run very well, and wouldn't approach what a Mountain Motor car would run. I could be completely off base here, but is seems that it would be somewhat like running a blower car with no blower....

You guys I beleive are spot on. A nitrous pro mod is basically a mountain motor pro stocker with nitrous. Only difference would be weight and body styles. I'd say 6.20's almost 230 mph.

Your telling me they gain 1,200 HP just from NOS????

If I'm correct, PS mountain motors dyno around 1800, 400-450 more than their NHRA 500-inch counterparts. Nitrous PM's are running over 240MPH, a speed requiring 3000HP to accelerate a 2400 pound car. Blower cars are a bit more powerful; Personett's turbo car is probably in the 3500HP range, hence his 253MPH top end charge. Mike Moran's PM Monte Carlo, which weighs 300 pounds more than Personett's Camaro, has run 250; his dyno numbers (according to him) are 3600. And I did say APPROXIMATELY, so I could be off a pony or two.

Nonetheless, they can ram LOTS of nitrous into them big ol' motors....:eek:

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back