Pro Mod now a Pro division (1 Viewer)

Before you folks get all happy and fuzzy about NHRA finally listening to the fans, remember this. The movers and shakers of Pro Mod bought their way into the schedule. Roger and company are funding the class, not NHRA.
Has anyone one heard if they will run the full 1320 or just 1000"?

nhra.com said 1320, Rich.

Regardless of how it came about, having the NHRA seal of approval on there will do leaps and bounds to helping drivers gain sponsors, sell merch, increase fan base, etc.

Baby steps.... glad its happening!

Im really surprised to see NHRA actually moving forward with this. I figured the Pro Stock guys would have a fit. I love the Pro Mods. It looks to me like our sanctioning body may have actually listened to the fans on something for a change. Im bummed that I wont get to see them as there isn't an event on the tour near me. Oh well I guess this fan gets screwed.

Notice they only run 11-12 races, plus they don't have a Points fund like the others!:rolleyes:

The NHRA Pro Mod guys were at the last IHRA talking to people about coming over for the new season. I know that Chris Russo and Ed Hoover are trying to get the right pieces to give it a try. Big money to switch over to NHRA style from IHRA. Forget about ADRL. Its becoming just money. Starting to get way out of hand. The race schedule is great for east coast and down south racers. The only race that is a big tow is Vegas. My understanding is it is still by invite only and they are limited on pit space so it may only be 22 to 24 cars get the nod to race. I know that a couple of races they went over this year and were told to back it down to 23 cars. Glad to see NHRA get over the PSTruck issue.

Last edited:
About time the suits in Glendora woke up and smelled the coffee...now if they'd just dump the stupid motorsickles and expand Pro Mod to all the races the bikes run....I'd love to see Pro mod in Brainerd ;)

Before you folks get all happy and fuzzy about NHRA finally listening to the fans, remember this. The movers and shakers of Pro Mod bought their way into the schedule. Roger and company are funding the class, not NHRA.
Has anyone one heard if they will run the full 1320 or just 1000"?

Give them 1000'==most Pro Mods would still get 1320 out of it. :p
The couple of times I've seen pro mod run, 1/2 the runs were aborted tire shakers-the other 1/2 were flirting with hitting the rails or crossing the centerline. When they do make it down the track its exciting for sure.

Again with the p/sb bike haters! :( Geez--whats a round take--2 minutes? When was the last time they held things up by oiling down the track? What takes longer--a round of ps/b--or a stupid p/s staging duel? How about we have BOTH psb + promod and get rid of the Full Throttle tshirt guys in the S-10 pickup? :cool:

When was the last time they held things up by oiling down the track? What takes longer--a round of ps/b--or a stupid p/s staging duel? How about we have BOTH psb + promod and get rid of the Full Throttle tshirt guys in the S-10 pickup? :cool:

I hear ya . . .

isn't there enough time to run EVERYTHING?!?

save the nitro cars for night-time! :D

flew out to vegas with brad personett dad . he was telling me that turbo car makes so much hp mid track -it loses traction like the nitro funny cars . look out for brad when it gets dialed in!!

It will be nice to see some body styles that have some style... versus the current homogeneous funny car, pro stock look.

Gasser Wars of the 21st Century!! Bring 'em on and give 'em the respect they deserve!!!
This is so sweet!

Maybe it's just me, but I think there's a cool mix of body styles out there, that don't resemble any FC bodies. The Camaros, Firebirds, with the chopped tops and real front grilles, there are some Pro Stock-type Stratus' and GTOs, of course the '63 Vettes, there are some late model Vettes, I think they're all pretty wild.

Jay said, "If you go back to the begining at Santa Ana. It was bikes and they let the cars in."

That was before my time... and, I'm 70....

If you'll notice, I said, "Do they," not "Did they..."

Good try though.... I appreciate the educational aspect of the answer! :)

One more time: "Do they have cars at motorcycle races?"

When I was racing Prostar, they DID have 1 car class-it was dragsters powered by bike motors. And at Atco, our Fri nite test+ tune also allow cars.
There's 200? cars classes-and only 1 bike class-a little variety doesn't hurt.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back