Pro Mod now a Pro division (1 Viewer)

I love the Pro Mods, and thoroughly enjoyed them all weekend here in Vegas, but where does it say they are a Pro division? They basically have the same package moving forward that they have now with the exception the winner will be awarded a Wally and they have their own ESPN2 TV deal. It is NOT part of the Full Throttle Drag Racing Series (for "Pros") and Roger Burgess is still footing the bill for all of it.

With the mph capbilities of the turbocharged cars more in evidence each succeeding race (Personnett came close to winning the race on Sunday), it will be interesting to see what kind of weight numbers NHRA comes up with to ensure that the hairdryers don't dominate in the ensuing months.

It's my guess that NHRA Tech will try to stay "ahead of the curve" by requiring some e.t.-killing weight on these "silent killers" pretty early in the game.

I hope I'm wrong; we'll see...

Awesome to hear, would be better if they just added them to the regular show. I hope they don't penalize brad too bad, but I'm sure they will.

Last edited:
Well, maybe we'll get more RESPECT now. They phucked us out of a qual round so they could run Stupid Comp. I'm sorry if i offend, but SC over PM? Get real! Who gives a damn about SC at a national event.

Im really surprised to see NHRA actually moving forward with this. I figured the Pro Stock guys would have a fit. I love the Pro Mods. It looks to me like our sanctioning body may have actually listened to the fans on something for a change. Im bummed that I wont get to see them as there isn't an event on the tour near me. Oh well I guess this fan gets screwed.

I love the Pro Mods, and thoroughly enjoyed them all weekend here in Vegas, but where does it say they are a Pro division? They basically have the same package moving forward that they have now with the exception the winner will be awarded a Wally and they have their own ESPN2 TV deal. It is NOT part of the Full Throttle Drag Racing Series (for "Pros") and Roger Burgess is still footing the bill for all of it.

That's pretty much the same way I see it, Chris.

I think Bobby may have mis-typed in his joy over "his" class getting some ink...;)

I also wanna see Lewis do commentary for this and get out of the "Stat Guy" booth for once. He was someone who was there @ RP when the USSC was the talk of the doorslammer town, He mentions about the time Mike Ashley ran 200 mph "in the grass" before the guardwalls were put up during the late 80s, and was also there when Bill Kuhlmann has his rollover during a Burnout Contest in 1990 when the guardwalls were up.

I'm looking forward to it.

Well it's a step in the right direction but until they are at every event or at least one of the west coast events I'm bummed! :rolleyes:

I just hope Rogers’s business does well for the foreseeable future....

I've always felt that to be a real, bonafide Pro Eliminator that they should be running EVERY national event. Could you imagine any National event without Top Fuel or Funny Car? There is time enough to run 5 pro brackets with 16 car/bike fields. Just my 2¢.

Before you folks get all happy and fuzzy about NHRA finally listening to the fans, remember this. The movers and shakers of Pro Mod bought their way into the schedule. Roger and company are funding the class, not NHRA.
Has anyone one heard if they will run the full 1320 or just 1000"?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back