Pomona Alky (1 Viewer)

Cliff

Nitro Member
Only 8 cars Q1. T/AD had 16 cars run. Will be following on Drag Race Central. Shawn Cowie up in smoke first run. That car seems to either smoke 'em or go in the teens, like he did at Firebird. Chris Demke could run brackets with that car. 5.30s run after run, but I think it will take .20's or quicker to win. Shaundra Blinzer is from here in Phx area. DNQ at Firebird but lets see how she does. Keeping an eye on Joe Maynard. Thought it was interesting in TA/FC that Maddie Gordon ran Brian Hough Q1. They raced for the title at Firebird, & it was really close. Would not be surprised to see her in the finals. #1 Q so far is Hunter Jones out of Tucson. That car has really picked up, 5.53 first pass.

Maddie Gordon still struggling. Did a little better in Q2, but had tire shake so did not get a full pass. No problem making the field since it is only 8 cars, but I imagine the balance of the car has been upset due to weight diff between father and daughter?

Last edited:
Low et for the Funny Cars was in the low 4's Thursday so it stands to reason the alky classes would struggle s well. Air seemed pretty good. From experience Pomona can be a little tricky the first sessions because the track has been sitting all winter. Tough to know if you should go for it or play it safe, although safe can mean violent tire shake. I expect things to pick up.

Maddie Gordon is doing much better than I anticipated. Not a knock, just the reality of cars that seem extremely difficult to drive. She lost on a 'holeshot' in rd1 to a master in the class and her light was in the 050's I believe. TAFC has become almost Pro Stock like when it comes to lights so a 050 might be good enough some days.

Is shake generally a sign of the track being good and not getting enough wheel speed early in the run? I am not a crew chief but based on the times in other classes, the air and track had to be good.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back