Pomona A-arm Failure (1 Viewer)

FABMAN

Nitro Member
Apparently J.R. Todd's accident in Pomona was due an a-arm failure. It sounds like a part failure so hopefully this will not cause more controversy for the T/F cars. According to Comp Plus teams transfer suspension parts from one chassis to another so sources were not sure how old part was.

Chassis was new ... but A-arms bolt to the chassis. My understanding is that A-arms for TF have not changed much in the last few years ... so they could have been around a while ....

NHRA says its not the deisgn, or the welds, or the material. So what was the problem? How much did they spend to have someone tell them Nothing went wrong? Crazy.

NHRA says its not the deisgn, or the welds, or the material. So what was the problem? How much did they spend to have someone tell them Nothing went wrong? Crazy.

They said shock affect is what cause it to failed, i take that to mean tube broke either from fatigue our aged material, they're are not specific enough so that leaves it to speculation and i don't think the fuel cars need any more problems like that.

Talked with Morgan friday in the Lucas pit. Said that ESPN played a video for he and J.R. that showed J.R.'s helmet compressing the new pads and greatly mitigating the side impact. Good to know that one of the new safety improvements is working!

Talked with Morgan friday in the Lucas pit. Said that ESPN played a video for he and J.R. that showed J.R.'s helmet compressing the new pads and greatly mitigating the side impact. Good to know that one of the new safety improvements is working!
That is great news Jim. Thanks for passing that along.

I take umbrage in the seemimgly "blowing off" of JR's near disastser being caused by a to me mysterious phenomenon called "SHOCK".

What the heck do you apologist whitewashers mean?

The part was NOT up to the job, plain and simple.

For everyone's information, there are concerned persons who desire to see the sport of drag racing continue and NOT sufferi a catestrophic collapse that are carefully reading EVERY word of these statements about chassis safety and integrity and are ready to challenge the claims that " all is sweetness and light" and that it was somebody else's or something's fault, etc.

Ultimately they will hold the apologists feet to the fire!

I would say the article says it all. Seems like the owner/driver/crew chief/crew have a handle on the situation, AND, since no one on this thread, including myself, is an owner/crew chief/driver/crew, this subject appears to be a non-issue.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back