Planning fall hunts around the television schedule (1 Viewer)

Rich

Nitro Member
With deadlines approaching to apply for tags, this is the time of year when those of us who hunt make our plans for the fall. Last year I hunted mule deer in Oregon while in years past my deer and elk hunts have taken me to Montana and Wyoming. This year, though, I decided to hunt in my home state and started making plans accordingly. My first thought was a rifle elk hunt in Western Washington, which is something I haven't done for awhile. However, when I read the regulations I discovered that the modern rifle season for elk is scheduled for November 3 - 12. But it also just so happens that the NHRA Finals at Pomona fall within these dates. Not good.

What to do? Faced with the dilemma as to whether I should miss the NHRA Finals or the first two days of hunting season, I opted to change my hunting plans. So rather than hunt the rifle season I will instead break out my bow and hunt elk during the late archery season after 2007 Powerade champions are crowned.

Come the first weekend of November I will be in front of my television watching ESPN 2, beer in hand and bowl of pretzels within reach, while my favorite rifle continues to lanquish in the safe. I am truly pathetic.

Heck, if you`re going to put the Finals ahead of rifle hunting, shouldn`t you at least BE at the Finals?

One would think so. In fact I'd love to go to Pomona. But we will going to some out-of-town races this summer.

Oh dear gawd! Pleeeeeeeease don't tell me that Jackee is a Republican AND and a PETA activist! :eek:

Juuuuust kidding. :D

............I can't wait for the month of September, that's the opening of bow season for elk and deer up here in North Idaho and does not interfear with my drag racing schedual :D

I love Northern Idaho. I am originally from Spokane so I'm very familiar with the area. In fact my good friend and hunting partner of many years still lives north of Spokane in Deer Park. I do hope to do some bowhunting in Idaho one day.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back