Places to eat on the road (1 Viewer)

Bethlehem, PA: Tally Ho's. Get a Ho Burger. Good food all around there.

Huntsville, AL: Greenbriar BBQ. Actually in Greenbriar, AL, but close to HSV.

Binghamton, NY: On the Rocks. Order half a pizza to feed a small army, large pie to feed the Navy too.

Chattanooga, TN: Glen-Gene Deli. Huge, good tasting food there. Sort of like a Fudruckers with a much better menu.

Rochester, MN: Bilotti's Pizza. Trust me here, especially if you're in to a lot of cheese!

Edison, NJ: Harold's New York Deli. This place is famous for a reason!

New Haven, CT: Frank Pepe's Pizzeria Napolitano. One of the oldest pizza joints the country.

Can't remember anything else right now. I'm too hungry.

the Pomona Valley Mining Company At Pomona And Moms Diner In Reading

You Will See Lots Of Teams There At The Pomona Valley Mining Company Eating Some Fine Steaks And Seafood In The Evening After A Hard Days Work At The Track . Very Fine Fair At A Decent Price . Get Some Reservations.

Re: To DIE for

My vote is for the Brown Derby Roadhouse in in Milan (sandusky) Ohio right outside of Norwalk. It is a must visit for me every time I go to Norwalk. I have had chicken and their steak there and it is tremendous.

Never again. Ate there twice and the one in Mansfield, OH also. Over priced and really bad food. I Must have went on a bad night.

Ken-Tex between Louisville and Lexington. Smokehouse flavor to die for.

Any Famous Daves in the usa. The original in Hayward, WI is awesome

The Rib crib outside St. Louis

I forgot the name, but there is this neat Smoke house in OH between Indy and Columbus.

Any HOB (house of blues)

You Will See Lots Of Teams There At The Pomona Valley Mining Company Eating Some Fine Steaks And Seafood In The Evening After A Hard Days Work At The Track . Very Fine Fair At A Decent Price . Get Some Reservations.

Steaks there are Pretty good, but Pound for Pound, and for the best value....

It's ALL ABOUT THE CIRCUS CIRCUS STEAK HOUSE In LAS VEGAS!!!!!!! OMG! What a great deal... A full plate, NOT ALA CARTE Crap!!! I'm saying a Mater Meeting at this place in october maybe Friday night????? HMMMMMM???:rolleyes:

Timmah!

Since moving to the south, I have experienced Waffle House, so that's gotta be on the list.
And, in Pinehurst, NC, a great British pub with the best pot pie ever, a little place called Squires Pub.
And, in homage to my roots, in Vegas, you gotta go to Macayo's Mexican restaurant.
Okay, now I have to go to the kitchen and get something to eat. :p

Since moving to the south, I have experienced Waffle House, so that's gotta be on the list.
And, in Pinehurst, NC, a great British pub with the best pot pie ever, a little place called Squires Pub.
And, in homage to my roots, in Vegas, you gotta go to Macayo's Mexican restaurant.
Okay, now I have to go to the kitchen and get something to eat. :p

Macayo's is TERRIBLE.

It is all about Garduno's at the Palms or Cabo's at Red Rock.

However, I do love Waffle House ... scattered, diced, capped and chopped please.

Coming to Cordova?

Take the LeClaire exit on I-80, drive the mile or two into LeClaire and follow your nose.

Sneaky Petes Cowboy Steaks cooked on a true Oak fired grill. Eat in the dining room or in the bar..(ask the waitress to point out the bullet holes in the ceiling from years gone by). Cold beer that is served properly in a mason jar and a great salad bar in an ice filled cast iron tub.

The restaurant sits right on H-way 67 smack in the middle of town and overlooks the Mississippi.
When the restaurant is jumping and the grill is cranking out the steaks, the aroma almost takes over the entire town. :D

Chances are if your racing in Cordova, you might be staying in one of the 3 hotels in LeClaire so its convienent too.
Come as you are, but be warned, neckties are not allowed and are dealt with appropriately. :p

Damn.....now im hungry.
Think I'll go fire up the Weber before I crash for the day. ;)

Scott

Last edited:

Is Bone Daddy's on the list?
Bone Daddy's is #1 from a view stand point! I like Hard Eight in Coppell and Bar-3 Smokehouse in North Richland Hills along with North Main for good BBQ in the area. Now of course, Taylor, Lockhart and Lulling take TX BBQ to another level, but that is a different story.

Does anyone remember the Country Inn off of 99@Lerdo hwy. It's been gone for quite sometime now. But it was a must when going to Famoso to race. Just ran across a gem in Pleasanton, Ca. The Stable Cafe

Bone Daddy's is #1 from a view stand point! I like Hard Eight in Coppell and Bar-3 Smokehouse in North Richland Hills along with North Main for good BBQ in the area. Now of course, Taylor, Lockhart and Lulling take TX BBQ to another level, but that is a different story.

I concur on the Hard 8.

Maybe North Main BBQ in Euless?

Yep that's it Susie's off the hook .
Get set Ron here we go off to another cuisine adventure !
I like adventures.
Need address for Tom Tom !
Would it be on North Main in Useless ER Euless?
I know limited hours call first.
It's the same with the Blue Moon cafe in Deleon , limited hours.

By next year there will be limited food anyway.
I remember going to Bonanza for steak in the seventies because it was the only place we could afford to eat steak.
You certainly couldn't afford to buy it in a store.
They also said soon you would have to have a wheelbarrow to carry enough money to buy a loaf of bread.
I don't recall just how long in the future they were talking about.

By next year there will be limited food anyway.
I remember going to Bonanza for steak in the seventies because it was the only place we could afford to eat steak.

Ha! Excuse the story but, several months ago Shirley, who's been down here with me from Jersey for a dozen or so years, tells me one weekend about a restaurant that I "just have to go to." Her and her daughter stumbled across it while on some family gem mine thing.

So, we drive and drive and drive! Finally after about an HOUR or so, we pull into a small North Carolina town and it's a Bonanza! The town is so small and in the middle of nowhere that Golden Corral or Ryans haven't bothered so they're able to hold out! I think they were after Western Steer in the steak house food chain, which was after Western Sizzlin, etc. They build em up, sell em off, they get run into the ground, then they build another one up.

Of course, she thought Piggly Wiggly was a myth, too. :D

Went to Terrys Apex in Johnson City for breakfast in the morning, burgers at lunch & beer at night the last few times to Bristol. But that was a few years ago. Best breakfast quality & value ever! That place still there? Ron??? I do have to go back so I can find Piggly Wiggly too.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back