Pittsburgh IHRA National Event Delayed Until 2010 (1 Viewer)

Triple Nickel II

Nitro Member
I saw this posted this morning on PRP's website.

It is a really good sign (and a refreshing change) to see that TPTB are taking a thoughtful approach to this situation.

Nitro Jam event at PRP delayed until 2010

Current economics have played a crucial role in the decision to move the Nitro Jam event at Pittsburgh Raceway Park from May 2009 to 2010.

Citing economic climate, rising fuel prices, and the election year, a collective decision was made by Pittsburgh Raceway Park and IHRA to reschedule the Nitro Jam event. Development of a new state of the art Pittburgh Raceway Park will continue unabated in advance of the 2010 event.

"We are a huge advocate of taking baby steps in the long term development of the Nitro Jam series, particularly as it applies to new venues," stated Aaron Polburn, President of IHRA/Live Nation Motor sports. "We don’t want to begin any relationship by putting anyone behind a financial eight ball, so the decision to move to a similar date in 2010 is a wise move. It will give us more opportunity to develop and present the show at its best."

PRP track owner Mike Tedesco assures racers and fans his decision to bring the Nitro Jam event to Pittsburgh has not changed. "We will maintain our plan and begin construction following the 2008 race season. The massive improvement project involves moving dirt, building a new tower, press center and hospitality suites, laying nine acres of asphalt, adding new concrete barriers, and lengthening the track. I empathize with those fans who may be a little disappointed. Please take assurance in the words I was taught as a kid… Good things come to those who wait."

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back