Pick the Winners Results-Brainerd (1 Viewer)

PJ

Staff Member
Staff member
Administrator
Nitro Member
Congrats to Ty Carpenter for taking the win this week.

Orme still holds onto the season leads

Congrats Ty! Harry, I had Hagan...that hurt! Rick, good job closing the gap by 2 points. I really hope that forgetting to make a pick in the Pro Bike Bash (I had planned on picking Tonglet) doesn't come back and bite me on the butt at the end of the season!

How hard core are you guys? For Indy why don't you pick the HEMI Challenge and the Factory Stock Showdown?
That would be extra credit!

Alan

How hard core are you guys? For Indy why don't you pick the HEMI Challenge and the Factory Stock Showdown?

Alan
I don't know how it could work under the current format of PTW. There's no way to know who will be racing in those classes (particularly Factory Stock with a capped field for eliminations) until around the middle of qualifying (class eliminations qualifying lists), and eliminations begin before the standard picks deadline has passed. I'd be for it if there was a way to do it!

Congrats Ty!

upload_2017-8-24_8-55-3.png

I don't know how it could work under the current format of PTW. There's no way to know who will be racing in those classes (particularly Factory Stock with a capped field for eliminations) until around the middle of qualifying (class eliminations qualifying lists), and eliminations begin before the standard picks deadline has passed. I'd be for it if there was a way to do it!

The entry lists are posted, don't you pick all the classes before qualifying starts? The entry list is up on NHRA.com just like it is for the other classes. I just think it might be cool to do something a little different.

Alan

A few years ago, I actually thought about running a second version of the race. Keep what we had but then add another version that included sportsman racers. At the time, it was very difficult to find early rounds results of some of the classes. Plus, the added time spent searching for random people was crazy.

A few years ago, I actually thought about running a second version of the race. Keep what we had but then add another version that included sportsman racers. At the time, it was very difficult to find early rounds results of some of the classes. Plus, the added time spent searching for random people was crazy.

PJ,
I'm just throwing it out there. If it's a bad idea, I'll just go back to my corner and sit quietly until I get another dumb idea.... LoL

Rick, good job closing the gap by 2 points. I really hope that forgetting to make a pick in the Pro Bike Bash (I had planned on picking Tonglet) doesn't come back and bite me on the butt at the end of the season!

Thanks Bob. Some much can happen in the upcoming races. Last year I was in 28th place after Denver. I finished 7th. As they say "it ain't over 'til it's over".

The entry lists are posted, don't you pick all the classes before qualifying starts? The entry list is up on NHRA.com just like it is for the other classes. I just think it might be cool to do something a little different.
Alan, I too think it would be cool, but just not viable with the PTW format. The Pro picks deadline is typically midnight in the picker's time zone on Friday, which, assuming there are no problems with weather, is after the first 2 rounds of Pro qualifying. And unless I'm looking in the wrong places, there are Indy Stock and Super Stock entry lists posted on NHRA.com, but no specific Factory or Hemi shootout lists. I most certainly would play if possible as I pay attention to sportsman racing as much or more than most folks. Cody Perkins had an online picks contest for the AllStars at the Chicago national event last month that got more than 60 entries. I think I tied for 6th place in that contest...

what if we used "name" racers and "the field" as a starting point?
i know that probably sounds awful - but it could be a nice starting point to test a game using the sportsman classes

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back