Pick the Winners-Houston Results (1 Viewer)

PJ

Staff Member
Staff member
Administrator
Nitro Member
Congrats to Mike Tillery for taking the win this week.

Bob Orme holds onto the season lead

Congrats Mike! The last two races have been a little tough. The 4-Wides will probably be even tougher...

Usual cast of unsavory characters at the top. Mr. Orme might want look over his shoulder . . . my second best start ever. PJ. - still having fun with this after a lot of years. Thank you!

I wasn't very lucky when I forgot to make one of my picks for a race last year...

Sometimes I do get lucky. I worked the fall race at Charlotte last year. Sunday morning, there was a contest called "bracketology" in the media center. Each person there was given a set of Pro class elimination ladders to fill out. You got points for each correct pick, and like Pick The Winners here, the low ET prediction in the Top Fuel final was the tie-breaker if there was a tie. That means 15 picks for each Pro class, plus the tie-breaker. I tied for the most points, and was .001-seconds off the low ET in the TF final so I won the contest. The prize for winning was a premium reserved parking space in media parking at the same event this year, and a tile signed by all 4 Pro class winners. These tiles are attached to the wall behind the podium in the media center where they conduct live press conferences and driver interviews. They measure about 30" by 15". There were only two tiles that were signed by the winning drivers - Antron Brown, John Force, Jason Line and Chip Ellis. The track kept one of them and I got the other one. In 25+ years of going to NHRA National events, this is the coolest souvenir I've ever brought home!

charlottetile2016.JPG

Wow . . . very cool Bob . . . hard to top that. Was in the pits with Shoe many years ago having him sign my copy of Ibisuki's print of "Manufacturers Meet". Fan comes up and says "Bet ya wish ya had the original of that." Subtle smile from Don as he says " It's in my office." Prized possession.

View attachment 4030[/QUOTE]

I wasn't very lucky when I forgot to make one of my picks for a race last year...

There were only two tiles that were signed by the winning drivers - Antron Brown, John Force, Jason Line and Chip Ellis. The track kept one of them and I got the other one. In 25+ years of going to NHRA National events, this is the coolest souvenir I've ever brought home!

View attachment 4030

Most autograph signatures are hard to decipher but you gotta love Jason's.... Jason with a line drawn for his last name!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back