Pick the Winners-Finals (1 Viewer)

Ok and now for the race results.

With a near perfect race Big Zappy not only wins the race but also clinches the champioship.

Big Zappy 25
Sue Nichols 24
Mel Smith 24
Mark Bell 23
Roger Hammom 23
Todd Bade 23
Jer Weaver 23
Dalton Blevins 23
Bob Kushon 23
Greg Green 22
Mark Glading 22
Chirs Schoen 22
Rick Hildebrand 22
Paul Miller 22
Michele Martindale 21
Ken Rau 21
Dave Murphy 21
Lady Linda 21
Dan Lea 20
Tony Rieck 20
Justin League 20
Doug Wright 20
Brian Okeefe 20
Frank Veloz 20
John Rogers 20
Bob Webb 20
Brent Friar 20
Martin Thomas 19
Terry Mayhew 19
Karl Stalcup 19
Alan Peck 19
Bob Pellegrini 19
Jared Brouwer 18
Vincent Carmichael 18
Jim Tiggelaar 18
Teri Sewell 17
Scott Bessee 17
Tim Connolly 17
Barry Feyh 16
John Panuzzo 16
Kevin Brown 16
Mike Minick 16
Joe Fuchita 15
Mike Larson 15
Amanda Smith 15
Billy Gebhart 15
Devallion Piper 14
Michael Anderson 14
Brian Papallo 14
PJ Sapienza 13
Chris Degidio 12
Mike Veskovich 12
Lance Peltier 12
Bobby Miler 12
Alan Loder 12
Terry Jones 10
John Wulff 9
Jenn Jaramillo 9
Don Richerson 8
Ray Ghio Jr 7

If you think about it, all you had to do was pick
Alan Johnson
Austin Coil
Ken Black's pro stock cars
Byron Hines's #1 bike

I knew I was close this week! I can't complain though! Finished in the top 5...(for a girl). Thanks PJ for all your hard, dedicated work! Maybe we could do a pick the champions too at the beginning of the year. I know over the winter I will have to rethink my strategies for next year. lol.

Top 10 in the race! WOOHOO! I am excited easily perhaps. :D

Thanks PJ - I can't wait for next year - this will be the only real points we have.

DLB

Wow, the winner isn't even a member of this board. Anyway, congrats to all and a big thanks goes out to PJ for managing the whole program.

John Rogers was the highest placing person who missed a race.

Thanks for the reminder PJ....ouch that hurt....12th works...lol

The real thrill was winning the INDY Pick the Winners contest :D

I also want to say thank you for all your hard work, and very quick results.

Yes, thanks PJ for running this. I enjoyed it, especially my short lived time at the top, once I reached it I fell faster than Kalitta's championship hopes yesterday in the TF final. Oh well, maybe next year I can reach the top and stay. Big Zappy deserved to win, he was at the top the whole year for the most part.

Last edited:
Pick the Winners - Finals

Thanks PJ for all your work, a great competition and well run.

Regards

Alan Peck

Yepper, Thank you PJ... had a blast.... ya want my picks for next season? going with one fueler, 3 floppers and a single P/S car... hint three drivers are female,
One's a Rookie
The father of a pick,
and her brother-in law...
one's married to a flopper driver
and one's a cutie from Texas in an orange car

Picking them now and gonna stick with them:D

PJ... Big thanks for making this a fun way to spend monday! Thanks for all your efforts, especially with the 'Mater changeover midseason.

And had I taken your advice, I would have been in all the races (I think I missed at least 4 :( ).. But 43 for partial play wasn't too bad, although I couldn't quite catch NinjaGirl!! :D

Looking forward to Pomona!!

Congrats to all ...18th for me...I'll take it...

Big Zappy , you did well !!! P.J. As I have tried to let you know on numerous occassions throughout the season....THANK YOU !!!! SANTA MAY COME TO SEE YOU AFTER ALL.

Congrats Zapster!
You 'da man!
Thanks also to PJ for all the effort in making this year more fun.
If we do this again it could be the only "TRUE" season-long points championship for pro ranks of NHRA?

Congratulations to Big Zappy for winning the Mater points championship!!! Thank you PJ for doing this all year long and I cant wait till next year. I plan to give Big Zappy a run for the championship next year…

I missed the first race this year and finished 8th…. Next year I’ll be ready for it!!!! :D :D :D

Thanks PJ for all the hard work,it was a lot of fun.

Zappy,congrats,you know your drivers!!

I didn't use my points from the old board,but I did well overall....

No problem everyone. I enjoyed running this and I'm glad people had fun playing. My wife, daughter (6) and son (4) really got into playing along at home. Sad thing is all 3 of them beat me bad the last half of the season and now want in on this next year.

Big Zappy has gone overboard with this win though. He rented a tux and tried to go the the NHRA awards dinner thinking that he was going to get a chance to speak. Luckily they didn't let him in, I'm sure the powder blue tux would not have looked good on tv.

He keeps thinking people are asking for his autograph, I don't have the heart to tell him everybody has to sign for their credit cards.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back