Photos from The World Series @ Cordova (1 Viewer)

What a weekend! I'm pretty sure that I've never seen so many wrecked race cars at one drag race in my life!

Danny Crownhart cut across the track, ripping Jim's chutes off. Danny hit the wall hard and Jim ran off the end of the track. Jim was going so fast that he jumped completely over the sand trap.

We blew up our motor BIG! Bad deal. We've been fight this thing all year. Dale finally figured out that his 12 year old MSD 44 mag was junk, only putting out about 34A. So, Dale fattened it back up to counter the 10A increase in spark. It wasn't enough. At about 1000' the center four pistons melted, over pressurizing the crankcase, and blowing the valley pan off the engine. Being at night didn't help anything, but it was for sure the biggest flash fire I have witnessed. It was on the same lines as Brendan Murry's Columbus 2007 fire. Roger was ok, luckly with only small 2nd degree burns under the corners of his eyes.

If anyone was pictures and video of our run, Roger very much wants to see them. Thanks

I'll post this here also.

Don, great photos. The gold & cream '55 Chevy was a sweet ride!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back