Phil Burkart Sr. passes, a request for prayers (1 Viewer)

Rob

Nitro Member
My thoughts and prayers go out to Funny Car driver Phil Burkart Jr., who lost his father on Jan. 24. Phil Sr. was a great father and proud grandpa, and it should be noted that he was a lifelong NHRA member and competitor. He founded Burkart Automotive in the Utica, New York area back in 1967 and eventually sold the business to his son. Phil Jr., many will remember, drove for Del Worsham and John Force, winning lots of races along the way. His father was right there on the starting line for most of those runs.

His passing is a bit of a shock. He was a very fit and active 69, and had just begun his retirement. He had a "routine" heart procedure done last week, was recovering well, then suddenly took a turn for the worse. It caught everyone by surprise. I'm thankful that he didn't suffer in his passing but it's still very sad to think "Pops" won't be around any more.

Phil Jr. and his siblings need your prayers at this time. If you would like to drop him a note, his email is [email protected].

Thanks,
Rob Geiger

Sad to hear of his passing. Had the chance to chat with him a few times at events. Prayers and thoughts are with Phil and his family.

My heartfelt condolences to Phil Jr. and their whole family. I always enjoyed talking to Phil Sr. at the national events he attended, and he always took time to talk to me about drag racing and about Phil's younger days. Such a sad loss, and such a shock. :(

Wow, so sorry to hear about this. My thoughts and prayers are with the friends and family.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back