How about a shout out to Phil Burkart .... (1 Viewer)

marlin

Nitro Member
I mean the guy steps in and gets the job done . I hope he hangs around the Force camp ( I was told today this could very well be a possibility ) helps out anyway he can ..He also has his T/F license so I hope 2008 will be a good year for Phil . Nice job filling in for the man . :D

I agree 110%. He is great on the lights, and keeps the car in the groove as well as anybody.

I just ran up his average on the tree driving Johns car in eliminations, and if you throw out his worst, his average is .056 :eek:

Even with his one off light (.119) the average is still .066 :eek:

If I was a team owner and had to choose from the people without a job in '08, there is nobody I'd rather have in my car.

Great job Phil

Now give The Boss his car back and get fitted for that JFR T/F car...

d'kid

Kudos to Phil...what an amazing time this last couple of weeks must've been! I can't even begin to imagine how one would feel when the 14x champ asks you to drive his car while he gets on the mend! Phil did a great job as a driver & spokesperson for Castrol & Ford as the season closed out & represented himself very well, too!

There's no doubt it's an item on his resume that sets him apart from everyone else. I certainly hope we get see him for the full 2008 tour.

Good luck!!!:)

anyone wanna' bet JFR retains phil at least thru the beginning
of '08? how certain can john be he will be 100% in 3 months?

great job phil.

That would be great! He did an awesome job driving and represented himself, JFR and their sponsors well! I would sure like to see him stick around!

He did a great job filling in for John! I hope he finds something soon.

Phil Burkhart Jr. Did an outstanding job SUBBING for the 14X Champ! You want to talk about pressure???? Your in the seat of "THE MAN", Have everyone in the world watching you...(Except those watching on ESPN because your not in the countdown to (1):rolleyes:)..and you flat out NAIL IT!!!! Is it me...or did his BURNOUTS INSTANTLY INCREASE BY ABOUT 100' under power???? Did he automatically start "HAULIN A$$" in Reverse back to the line...JUST LIKE THE CHAMP?? Dude did AWESOME!!! In a car, Not built for him, a team he was USED TO BEATING (CONSISTANTLY), he stepped up to the plate and PROVED to everyone (EXCEPT LISA, WAYNE, ME and other Members of the PHIL'S THE MAN FAN CLUB) what an OUTSTANDING, QUALITY DRIVER HE IS!!!:cool:

Plus...Dude is my Freakin TWIN!!!

Well done Phil!

Kudos to Phil...what an amazing time this last couple of weeks must've been! I can't even begin to imagine how one would feel when the 14x champ asks you to drive his car while he gets on the mend! Phil did a great job as a driver & spokesperson for Castrol & Ford as the season closed out & represented himself very well, too!

There's no doubt it's an item on his resume that sets him apart from everyone else. I certainly hope we get see him for the full 2008 tour.

Good luck!!!:)

I'll second those remarks and all the others. What a great day for Phil and for JFR! Yesterday was a fantastic showcase for everything Phil can do as a driver and spokesman for a team and their sponsors. Hopefully that will lead to a permanent job for 2008 with a great team! :D

Is it me...or did his BURNOUTS INSTANTLY INCREASE BY ABOUT 100' under power???? Did he automatically start "HAULIN A$$" in Reverse back to the line...JUST LIKE THE CHAMP?? Dude did AWESOME!!!

I think it was Bob Frey that commented about the burnouts and backups, wondering if it was the car that makes the driver morph into that style... :p

... and PROVED to everyone (EXCEPT LISA, WAYNE, ME and other Members of the PHIL'S THE MAN FAN CLUB)

Hey, are we going to get t-shirts made up or something? ;):D

Phil Burkhart is the man. I am rooting for him to get a huge ride next year. He is freaking awesome.

Phil did an excellent job in the seat and in front of the camera, he really deserves a quality full time T/F, or F/C ride.

Here's a cool shot I got of Phil last year
gg52.jpg

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back