PEAK Team Sweeps New England Regional and Wins Regional Championship (1 Viewer)

Epping, NH - Hot off a great showing at the NHRA US Nationals, Duane Shields won his fourth NHRA Regional event of the year at New England Dragway in convincing fashioned. The PEAK Dragster was running consistent and hard all weekend and took home every award that was not nailed down while clinching the NHRA East Coast Regional Championship. Duane set and reset the track ET and MPH record and took the number one qualifying position with a 5.24 at 274 MPH. “It was a clean sweep. We had no complaints about this weekend what so ever” Duane said.

In the first round, Duane received a single run due to an odd number of cars. Still, he didn’t disappoint and posted a stellar 5.22 at 279 MPH to set a new track record in the process.

In the round two, Duane faced Dan Page whom he lost to in the semi-finals at Indy. Page was first out of the gate but got out of shape and made slight contact with the wall. Meanwhile, Duane was on a mission and punched his ticket to the final round with an impressive 5.22 at 278 MPH to Page’s 6.59 at only 139 MPH. Before the final round, it was discovered that the PEAK Team had to replace a cylinder head while also servicing the car. Team members, from another team assisted which allowed the PEAK team to replace the cylinder head in just fifteen minutes!

The hard work paid off and the car was ready for the finals to race Josh Hart in the Advance Auto Parts Dragster. As the lights came down, it was Duane out first with a .058 reaction time to Hart’s .085. Once again the PEAK Dragster flew to the finish line while resetting the track record again with a sizzling 5.21 at 278 MPH to Hart’s 7.47 at 137 MPH. Duane praised his team for a hard fought win. "My guys worked really hard to get this win and you have no idea how much I appreciate it. I also want to thank Augie and Al from John Finke’s for their assistance”. Duane said.

Next, the team heads to Maplegrove Raceway in Reading, PA for the Dodge Nationals. “We are overdue for a national win so I hope we can continue where we left off in Epping” Duane said. Duane would like to thank PEAK Antifreeze and Motor Oil, Final Charge, Blue Def, NGK, GRP and Brad Anderson Enterprises.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back