Pat Herold crashes (1 Viewer)

wilkfan

Nitro Member
first pair of cars down track Pat and Jeggie, Jeggie breaks and Pat made a nice run 6.72, after finish line car made a hard turn into wall and went up on roof, according to broadcast Pat is alright!!!

If I'm not mistaken, that was a career best for them? They are very capable fabricators and will return with a vengeance and renewed belief after such a run. Pat, Jason and crew, hurry and fix that car so we can root you on to another career best run each event from here on out!

If I'm not mistaken, that was a career best for them? They are very capable fabricators and will return with a vengeance and renewed belief after such a run. Pat, Jason and crew, hurry and fix that car so we can root you on to another career best run each event from here on out!

Yeah, Bob Frey said it was a career best run for him, both et and speed. (6.72)

Man, that sucks. These guys are a great group and a hell of a lot of fun to hang around also. Sorry about the bad news guys, but congrats on the good run! :eek:

Rapid

First and foremost, Patio is OK. A couple small bruises but thats about it.
Best pass, worst shut down.:rolleyes:
The best we can tell is that a chute got wrapped around one of the wheelie bars and picked the back end up. The first impact was with the rear tires and was probably 2 -3 feet up on the gaurd wall. It spun around tagged the nose and then on to the roof for a few hundred feet.

Damage is mostly cosmetic. The body is obviously junk and there are a couple tubes that need replacing but it doesn't appear that anything is bent up. Could have easily been much worse. The front fuel cell mount that Ness puts in his cars did its job and while the impact split the cell, it stayed in place and kept things from possibly being much worse.

Thanks for the thoughts!!

First and foremost, Patio is OK.
Best pass, worst shut down.:rolleyes:

Body and Chassis damages.................$34,000
Trip for Bandaids.............................$ 17.84
A new best for car/ Driver Et/Mph.........undetermined
A new visual for a "Pat on his Head".....Priceless!!

Hope its a quick recovery for all damages!

Body and Chassis damages.................$34,000
Trip for Bandaids.............................$ 17.84
A new best for car/ Driver Et/Mph.........undetermined
A new visual for a "Pat on his Head".....Priceless!!

Hope its a quick recovery for all damages!

Now that is funny...

I gotta say it was an interesting ride. Don Ness builds the best car. Full frontale impact and no fire (the Big Guy upstairs was along for the ride too).

I am OK. Nothing hurts except for my wallet but I guess thats why I work hard. I feel bad for the crew. We had the power, needed to work on the tune up a bit...these guys have worked their butts off for my dream.

We will fix the old car and believe me I will be riding Don Ness like a 20" bike for my new Cobalt. Good thing I am 15 miles from him. I might live there now.

I appreciate all the support. We will be back next year running our own power thanks to Jerry Hemmingson at Jerico. Jerry is the reason why I am doing what I am doing. He has taught me a lot and wish I could spend more time with him in his shop in Concord NC. But as long as there is next day air...I think we can make it work.

I am going to do some serious thinking right now (need to explain this to my Wife...she knows but I don't think she knows I was going 205 on the roof). Any advise on what to tell my Mother? They always worry.

Bad Rat

Now this plain sux,these guys are top shelf and don't desreve a set back like this. I guess Pat needs to sell a little more Precision Metal and everything will be fine.Congrats on the great run and too bad it had to turn out like that.

Now that is funny...

I gotta say it was an interesting ride. Don Ness builds the best car. Full frontale impact and no fire (the Big Guy upstairs was along for the ride too).

I am OK. Nothing hurts except for my wallet but I guess thats why I work hard. I feel bad for the crew. We had the power, needed to work on the tune up a bit...these guys have worked their butts off for my dream.

We will fix the old car and believe me I will be riding Don Ness like a 20" bike for my new Cobalt. Good thing I am 15 miles from him. I might live there now.

I appreciate all the support. We will be back next year running our own power thanks to Jerry Hemmingson at Jerico. Jerry is the reason why I am doing what I am doing. He has taught me a lot and wish I could spend more time with him in his shop in Concord NC. But as long as there is next day air...I think we can make it work.

I am going to do some serious thinking right now (need to explain this to my Wife...she knows but I don't think she knows I was going 205 on the roof). Any advise on what to tell my Mother? They always worry.

Bad Rat

Pat sorry to hear about the car. From the interview a few months ago on 1320tv you sound like a hell of a guy. Good luck to you and your crew in the future. Stay Safe

Sorry to hear about the car Pat but I'm certainly glad you got out of it with only minor injuries. Tell Jason to get some hot glue and duct tape... he'll have it back together in no time! :D

Pat,

Glad you are ok man. I feel sorry about the loss of your hot rod!!

As far as the wife,,Start off with honey you remember my buddy Rapid the AA/FA driver,,,well we were talking and,,,,,,:D :D :D

Rapid

I'd tell them just that... Mom, I was going 205 on my roof and I am here to talk about it. By the way, were you wearing a HANS device?

Did ya have your headlights on, Pat? :D Sorry, couldn't resist asking.

Glad you're OK!

Nope the headlights were not on...I like that...that funny..

HANS...well lets say I think we will be looking into that while rebuilding. I can honestly say for going 205 MPH we only had a negative G-Force impact of 3G's according to the Racepak...that is a launch in a PS Car. I got up this morning and feel absolutely great other than the fact I have a car in pieces.

I spoke with Don Ness last night. I thanked him for building a safe car and then asked in a rather blunt fashion "where the hell is my Cobalt?" Don was more concerned about me than the car...so I left it at that. We talked again this morning and I have a chassis, they just need to get it on the body jig. I'll be swinging by Don's tomorrow when I get home. We are currently in Tenn. and plan on driving straight through...2 rigs, 3 drivers...another long night.

On the wife side of things, Deanna is well for the lack of better terms OK with the deal. She was horified at first but I had to remind her it was me on the phone...hopefully there won't be a video of it on TV tomorrow night...that is all I need. Now Mom...don't know if she knows yet but I can only assume since I heard from my brother-in-law that my sister knows and now Mom knows. Mother gave me a plaque that sits in my office that say "Don't drive faster than your guardian angel can fly"...and after she saw Krisher's crash at Indy she has requested to go to lunch a few times...I know what that means. Dad has already voiced his concerns.

I look at it this way, I am dressed for the ocassion, the guy in the other lanes doesn't have cell phone, I have three more straps holding me than my pick-up, I am wearing a helmet and most importantly I have a great response team less than 15 seconds away...I worry more about the drive to and from the track.

Well I better get some sleep so I can take over form Mike at Midnight...again thanks for all the support from everyone at Bad Rat Racing.

Bad Rat

PS Underwear?...what underwear?

Pat,

Glad you are ok man. I feel sorry about the loss of your hot rod!!

As far as the wife,,Start off with honey you remember my buddy Rapid the AA/FA driver,,,well we were talking and,,,,,,:D :D :D

Rapid

She would assume I took a hard hit to the head along with the assumption I would be driving an AA/FA car...it would be best to not mention your name at this point...

Thanks Randy

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back