Passing of a legend--Wally Parks (2 Viewers)

Wow... Really, honestly the reason we are all here is in no small part due to the efforts of Mr. Parks..

This is absolutely the end of an era..

Rest In Peace, Sir.

What a huge loss in the drag racing community.

Thank you for building the infrastructure that governs this great sport we all know and love.

Godspeed and rest in peace.

Rest in Peace Wally.

The closest I've come to meeting "the Man" is my brother's Wally. I'm sorry I couldn't have met him before.

Rest In Peace Wally. Our world is a better place for all that you have done for our sport and to everyone you've touched. I've never had the privilege of meeting you, but you deserve my respect and a hearty Thank you!

I have had the pleasure of meeting some of my Drag Racing hero's in my life, However, of all the people I've had the honor of meeting, I've only been in Awe once. It was the day I met Mr. Wally Parks at Pomona in 1995. He was standing in the staging lanes, just looking at the cars. I walked up to him, stuck out my hand and said, "Mr. Parks, I just wanted to shake your hand...Thank you for all of THIS". He shook my hand, and we had a very pleasant 10 minute conversation.

I was honored to have met him once, and My heart and condolences go with his Family tonight.
Godspeed Mr. Parks.......and Thank you for giving us all a Safe place to race!

Timothy W. Charlet
Proud Member of Wally Parks National Hot Rod Association:cool:

At the risk of repetition, I'll just say I echo all these wonderful, positive comments about this great man. Thank you Wally for your life's work.

May your successors have the vision to carry out your true love of this sport in such a manner that you would approve. May you never be forgotten and may the pinnacle of this sports victory always be bringing home the treasured "Wally."

Wow!! Seems like just a short time ago, that my wife and I would go to Genos resturant in Burbank, on Wednesday nights, and Wally and Barbara would be there. He said it was their favorite place.

Now Barbara and Wally are gone, and so is Genos.

RIP Wally

Jay

That is quite sudden, i only heard from Steve a couple hours before that Wally wasn't doing well. May he rest in peace.

I really enjoyed the times i've met Wally , he was still pretty sharp and in good humor even just a couple years ago. I'm sure the NHRA has had an obituary ready for the past 20 years or more, Wally lived a pretty long life and we should all be so lucky. I had hoped he'd make the CHRR though.

What a magnificent life he had lived RIP Wally you will always be remembered and thanks for sharing your passion! :eek:

The sport of drag racing was integral in shaping me into the man I am today. Thank you Wally for all you've done for the sport.

thanks Wally...you made a fantastic impact on this planet, and provided us with the greatest,safest motorsport in the world. RIP

I was shocked when I got the news last night, and I am still in a bit of shock. It's a sad day in drag racing today.

RIP Wally.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back