Palmer to run Promod instead of T/F car (1 Viewer)

I think he's been into fast doorslammers for a long time. I know he had an infamous wreck in that Vette at Ozark a few years ago. Jim Weins was in the other lane at the time. I'm sure someone will pop in and fill in the blanks on that one.

Last edited:
Speaking of Pro Mod, how come they are excluded on TV when they run during the big guy events but we have to suffer through the motorcycle deal when they race? The Pro Mods are far more fun to watch than the bikes.

The AMS Pro-Mods are only exhibition that NHRA allows to run at a limited number of events and thus not part of the TV package. They can be seen on Inside Drag Racing. There've been rumors for some time that the PM's would eventually become a Pro NHRA class and possibly displace a current Pro NHRA class.

Last edited:
The AMS Pro-Mods are only exhibition that NHRA allows to run at a limited number of events and thus not part of the TV package. They can be seen on Inside Drag Racing. There've been rumors for some time that the PM's would eventually become a Pro NHRA class and possibly displace a current Pro NHRA class.

Actually the AMS series had no TV coverage this year, with IDR moving away from ESPN.

Palmer Out at Vegas, In at World Street Nationals at Orlando

Cool, I didn't know he had a pro mod car too. Did find 2nd paragraph interesting. Chalk one car not showing up due to the Chase and the T.V. coverage

Hmmmmmm.................Gee.........

He cited a couple other reasons also.........

But lets just omit ALL the facts, just mention the one you need to bolster your arguement.:rolleyes:

Besides.........if they went rounds they'd get airtime.

I'm not gonna' call it a lame excuse..........I don't own a Pro Team.....

But I would call it a weak one IF it were the only reason.......as it is......in Scotts own words and admission........it is not.

REX

The bikes have factory sponsorships, they have bigger (recognizable) stars riding them, and there are so many motorcycle riders that make up the NHRA demographics. They're not going anywhere.

Scott Palmer has gotten alot of air time for the number of rounds that he's gone in NHRA competition.:rolleyes:

Rex do you just like to argue ?

Ummmm.........if you want to call it that..........OK:)

I thought of it rather a response to the blizzard of initial anti-countdown posts.

I have not initiaed a single thread out of dozens and dozens on the subject and even in threads not at all related.

You made a statement........I pointed that factually it had glaring omissions;)

Just trying to be of service:D

REX

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back