PA system (1 Viewer)

Yeah I made sure my mp3 player had an fm tuner.

I don't know if this is pertinent, but I'm gonna add it, anyway.

Back in 1964, I lived in Colorado and used to go to the drags at a strip in Commerce City, a Denver suburb. I THINK it ws called "Rocky Mountain Raceway."

Anyway, it was new at the time and a very nice place to race/spectate.

One of the niceities was the inclusion of two totally separate (autonomous) PA systems; one for the spectators and one for the pits, for racer information... for calling the Stockers to the lanes, race scheduling info, etc.

Most of the time, it was silent.

It was so much nicer than having to monitor the general race coverage from the regular spectators' PA system, for racer information. They made sure the two systems' speaker locations were far enough from each other that one didn't interfere with each other.

I have been to 42 different drag strips in my fifty-six years of attending races and have never seen this very cool system in use anywhere else.

I'm sure someone else must have used it; it worked so well...

Can someone enlighten me, please???

Bill, in Conway, Arkansas

As long as we are veering slightly off topic, Bill I think the ADRL has a great adaptation of the racer information system you are describing. They know the cell phone number of the driver/crew chiefs in each class and they send group text messages to each class or the whole group as appropriate. That way a loud car can be warming up and you don't miss anything. . . just look in your pocket and the message is there.

They have another rule I sorta like, when the first pair from a particular class goes down the track, the lanes are closed for that class.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back