P/S motorcyles (1 Viewer)

Nitro Member
Any bets on when NHRA adds weight to the buells & Harleys? They flat spanked the Suzuki's this weekend and the last race too.:D

I was wondering the same thing. One's either getting wieght addes or taken off.

Did ya hear Gann's comments on Saturday?

Chip Ellis was running with them until Sunday when Andrew took the performance to the next level.

I've been wondering the same thing but I didn't want to start the thread. The field has been so lopsided the past couple races it isn't even funny. :rolleyes:

Ellis is the only one though.

But that makes ya wonder since he came from Buell did he learn something there that he's been able to make work here?

16 consecutive runs in the 6 second zone at 2 tracks should be enough to convince NHRA the Harley's need weight, plus the fact that Andrew averaged a 6.890 ET thoughout eliminations compared to Chip's 6.947 avg. Also, if you look at MPH, Andrew avgd 193.25 MPH vs. Chip's 188.43 MPH...and MPH = HP...those are some pretty convincing numbers in my mind. If you look at 60 ft times...from what they show, Chip's 60ft times were in the high 1.04s vs Andrew's which were in the 1.07 range...shows why Andrew runs more MPH, but Chip still runs the ET...

In reality, the class will never be equal or fair...someone will always feel at a disadvantage no matter what you do...the best you can do is keep it close!

The weight difference between the v-twins and the imports makes at least some sense, but the weight difference between the buells and harleys is rediculous, the rules for the engines are the same, it just looks like favoritism for the Harleys. If I was racing a Harley I'd ask them to make the weights even so I could sleep at night.

What's next, a weight break for the new "Ford" nitro engine if it doesn't start winning some races?

Paul T.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back