Out of work (1 Viewer)

Man, am I sorry to hear this. Times are very tough in my real estate industry (I sell land exclusively) as well as the auto industry. My biggest fear is that it will get worse before it gets better. Hang in there Paul. You'll land on your feet.

sorry to hear also, i work for a dealership also and this has been the worst month in its history for noth servive and sales, talk about layoffs are rampant. hope i han hang on :(

Hang tough everyone- its gonna be a bumpy ride, and the lap bar may not come up to let you off when you want it to...

Sorry for the $#!tty news today Paul- seems to be going around more and more each day (the girl I'm dating just got her pink slip today too :()... Businesses are rapidily hitting their high water marks, and some of them just never learned how to swim... hang tough, buddy..

having been "laid off" three times in the last thirty years, I hope you avoid the mistakes I made when I recieved my involuntary vacations.

DONT GET DEPRESSED!

DONT GET LETHARGIC.

Exercize, good eating, trips to the library, planned days, keeping busy, working towards that new and better job, etc.

Hopefully, your coping mechanisms are better than mine. But, then again, I've got a lot of character and self esteem issues I still need to iron out!

I'm a comfort zone kinda guy. But, being forced out of my comfort zone and working to get my path in life back in order has always been a good thing for me, looking back.

As a fellow American, we should work together to get through these very tough times any way we all can.

There but for the grace of God go I.

-90% Jimmy

:D

Sorry to hear that Paul. Things are getting bad everywhere. Hope you can find something soon. Stay active and good luck.

So sorry Paul to hear of your layoff.
Jim gives good advice, speaking from experience.
One I would add is to make sure you keep talking to people, be it your spouse, significant other, whatever but don't keep things to yourself.

Sorry to hear this Paul!! Hang in there, all things happen for a reason and I am a firm believer you will end up in a better position when everything shakes out in the future. I hope they gave you guys some sort of severance package. Good luck and keep your chin up.

Bummer Paul, I hope you find something soon. It's not easy, but I'm sure you will come out on top!

I just heard that one of the aerospace companies up in ABQ hasn't paid their employees in two weeks and can't give then an idea on when they'll get paid either. :(

My best friend was given her paycheck and told not to cash it :confused::confused: It's crazy out there and like everyone keeps saying it's going to get worse before it gets better..

I'll tell ya, if you HAVE money, now is the time to buy certain things because prices are going down in desperation to sell. A friend of ours just bought a brand new loaded Acura for around half off the asking price.

(And Samuel, I know she could have bought a Honda for even less, but she wanted that Acura and she paid cash!) :p

wow paul, not good - knowing you, you'll do fine - any business will
be fortunate to have a positive personality like yours.

just talking to friend in brainerd about a month ago.
he knows family that owns large dealership in baxter who
sold their toyota franchise to denny hecker
about three years ago and now really wishes they hadn't
(toyota sales exceeding chev/ford/dodge)
......noticed 'denny hecker brainerd toyota' not on 'closed' list.

good luck to you.

Sorry to hear this Paul. I didn't know you worked for the Hecker group. I saw the story on the news last night and that certainly took me by surprise.

Paul, I am really sorry to hear this. With all the gloomy forecasts, it's hard to look at the positive side of things. I know that with a lot of faith, some planning and preparation that you will be ready for the next door that opens.

That is the key right there ... if you have cash on hand, you can name your price, instead of the other way around.

Pretty much, even if you pay credit, buyers have more buying power than before. I'm sure there are some dingdongs who still can't afford it but still buy a flat screen TV because of the lower prices.

There are even stores that are now offering a cash discount because they simply can't wait for the turnaround time for accepting Credit Cards.

keep yourself visable.

even the used car lots are empty. for example theres a small lot near me thats been in business since the fifties, used to be about 60 - 80 cars on the lot. three days ago i counted seven cars on his lot. Yet I'm seeing SUVS and even four cylinder SUVs parked on peoples lawns for sale. All I can suggest is keep yourself visible in your community, Make a habit of going to your local neighborhood diner and letting your friends know you are out of work, Today it's not what you know, but who you know, Maybe if you know the guy who knows a guy, your application will rise to the top.

Re: keep yourself visable.

even the used car lots are empty. for example theres a small lot near me thats been in business since the fifties, used to be about 60 - 80 cars on the lot. three days ago i counted seven cars on his lot. Yet I'm seeing SUVS and even four cylinder SUVs parked on peoples lawns for sale. All I can suggest is keep yourself visible in your community, Make a habit of going to your local neighborhood diner and letting your friends know you are out of work, Today it's not what you know, but who you know, Maybe if you know the guy who knows a guy, your application will rise to the top.

Local used car lots are having issues and they will have worse issues when all the crap they've been pushing out. I've had three or four vehicles come in for pre purchase inspections that are CRAP. Bad ball joints, tie rod ends, transmissions that have bad fluid, brakes done half assed. They don't want to put the money into the cars to make them road worthy so the drivers who just want a car, are getting the shaft if they don't take a pre-purchase inspection.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back