Original Go Fast GUY passes (1 Viewer)

Moose

Nitro Member
Arthur E. Arfons
Arthur E. Arfons
Arthur E. Arfons, 81, passed away Monday, December 3, 2007.

He was born in Akron. Art was a designer and innovator in motor sports. He is a three time World Land Speed record holder. He held the Unlimited Drag Racing Record and was a champion Tractor Puller. Art was inducted into the Motor Sports Hall of Fame of America, International Drag Racing Hall of Fame, International Motor Sports Hall of Fame, National Tractor Puller Association Hall of Fame and the Summit County Sports Hall of Fame. He was a veteran of the Navy serving in World War II.

Mr. Arfons was preceded in death by son, Ronald. He is survived by his loving wife of 60 years, June; son and daughter-in-law, Tim and Shari; daughter and son-in-law, Dusty and Randy Spraggins; daughter-in-law Patty Arfons; brother, Walter (Gertrude) Arfons; sister, Lou Wolfe; grandchildren, Sean, Bryan, TJ, Lane, Jake and several great-grandchildren. Art was a beloved husband, dad and grandpa.

Funeral services will be held Thursday 11 a.m. at the Kucko-Anthony-Kertesz Funeral Home, 1990 S. Main St. (PLEASE NOTE NEW LOCATION), Rev. Scott Campbell officiating. Interment Mt. Peace Cemetery. The family will receive friends Wednesday 5 to 8 p.m. at the funeral home. (Kucko-Anthony-Kertesz, 330-724-1281, Welcome to the Anthony Family of Funeral Homes Website) An Anthony Family Funeral Home

Published in the Akron Beacon Journal from 12/4/2007 - 12/5/2007.

I can remember him and Breedlove going at it. They traded speed records back and forth over a few years. Godspeed Mr. Arfons. RIP

I remember his nephew Craig Arfons died trying to set a new speed record on water down here in sunny Floriday quite a few years ago. Very, very nasty accident. RIP, Art. You were one of a kind and did it the way YOU wanted to.

Late..................Mitch

So sorry to hear about Art passing. I was very fortunate to meet Art a number of years ago at a restaurant where He and his daughter Dusty were displaying their Tractor Puller. I talked with him for a while and he even signed a poster for me (I wish I could find it). I remember he was a very nice man that truly loved going fast and making power. My Dad told me that he ran into Art in 1961 at Daytona. Art told my Dad that he should go run at Bonneville. Art was a true speed legend and he will be missed.

R.I.P. Art-

Dave

Art was a great guy and a good friend of our family, My Grandfather knew him very well, RIP Mr. Arfons. It's kind of Ironic that Art Arfons and Evel Kenivel, both icons of the 60s-70s and both friends of My Grandfather die within a week of each other, thats kinda wierd.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back