Opps!.....Local refinery mistakenly puts Diesel in a Gas Holding tank! (1 Viewer)

Toejam

Nitro Member
One of our local Gas Refineries mistakenly pumped Diesel fuel into a Gasoline Tank. 17 Shell stations and all 3 Costco's got the tainted Fuel. So Far it's effected about 300 motorists, but this is BAD!!!!

WHERE IS IT!!!! I need to get there and buy some with diesel about 80 cents a gallon higher than gas. I will bring a big tank!!!!!!!!

Well at least for a short while those motorists will get phenomenol mileage: They'll have to PUSH their cars.

One of our local Gas Refineries mistakenly pumped Diesel fuel into a Gasoline Tank. 17 Shell stations and all 3 Costco's got the tainted Fuel. So Far it's effected about 300 motorists, but this is BAD!!!!

Wow! Just think, on Tuesday I was up at costco and was going to fill up my mom's Trooper for her, but they wouldn't let me use my dad's AmEx and I wasn't going to pay for it myself :p

The same sort of error happened in Northern California in 1994 when the Chevron Refinery in Richmond, Ca mistakenly mixed diesel with AvGas. The fuel was then distributed to several airports in California. The error wasn't discovered until several small aircraft owners began to have engine problems as a result of the bad gas.

Fortunately there were no mishaps because of it and Chevron came clean with an admission of their error and spent many $$$ replacing cylinders on engines that were damaged by detonation caused by the lower grade of fuel.

WHERE IS IT!!!! I need to get there and buy some with diesel about 80 cents a gallon higher than gas. I will bring a big tank!!!!!!!!

Hold the phone, it wasn't pure diesel! It was like 30% and that's a guess. JUst enough to F**k up a motor!:confused:

Last edited:
Oh that sucks.....I imagine they will be getting new cars out of this mess up. Too bad it didn't happen to me LOL

Crazy!
Can you imagine that happening to you?

News is reporting the company is going to foot the bill for the affected motorsists.

And the price of gas and diesel went up Nationwide to cover the cost of this screw up.:D

Crazy!
Can you imagine that happening to you?

News is reporting the company is going to foot the bill for the affected motorsists.

We've had a couple calls to see if we could do drains and flushes on fuel systems. Unfortunately, I'm already booked a week out.

Bad for the motorist, great for the auto repair shop! :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back