One less pedregon on the tour after indy? (1 Viewer)

From a business standpoint, wouldn't it have made more sense for Cruz to advance into the semi finals in Brainard when the Pedregon Brother's Racing Team met up in round two?

Doh, did I say that outloud?................:eek:

If this is the case and he pulls it for the rest of the year, would he be running the tour next year as normal?

I hope this one doesn't become true. I wonder what type of commitment Cruz has to Advance Auto Parts? I seem to recall at Indy last year Cruz just signed a new deal with Advance.

I really like the Pedregon Brothers! I sure hope Tony can get things situated out with the CC and hope Cruz makes the top 10 and is back next year! Its great to have them out there. They are both da** good drivers.

Gut feeling is that Q-State sponorship is very minimal $$ now (not a fact, just a feeling). Since Tony is #1 in points and may not have enough cash to stay ahead in the points, Cruz may have thought is would/could be the best option to let Tony drive the AAP car and possibly win the title for Tony and AAP.
Some times you gotta take the 'needle out of your arm' and do what is best for your family and your business.

There is an extremely good chance that many if not all of the current contracts stipulate that if the sponsored driver does not make the Clowndown, funding will either stop or be greatly reduced.

NHRA helped to cause this situation by adopting this stupid points format.

why does cruz need the nastalgia car and sprint car?

The dirt car has the AAP paint job on it. He runs it at the Prelude to a dream in Eldora Ohio. It's a big event with a lot of viewers. Good exposure.

*Edit: He won a dirt car race on the 8th of this month. Read about it here(DRO):
:::drag Racing Online::: Columns - Agent 1320 - 8/18/2009

Not sure on the nostalgia car. IIRC it is a Pisano tribute car that he was trying to have ready by this October for the CHRR in Bakersfield.

Last edited:
Gut feeling is that Q-State sponorship is very minimal $$ now (not a fact, just a feeling). Since Tony is #1 in points and may not have enough cash to stay ahead in the points, Cruz may have thought is would/could be the best option to let Tony drive the AAP car and possibly win the title for Tony and AAP.
Some times you gotta take the 'needle out of your arm' and do what is best for your family and your business.

This is my bet too.

There is an extremely good chance that many if not all of the current contracts stipulate that if the sponsored driver does not make the Clowndown, funding will either stop or be greatly reduced.

NHRA helped to cause this situation by adopting this stupid points format.

Bill, somewhat on what you were saying. There seems to be to much on the line for these teams just to make the Countdown in a very uncompetitive 9th or 10th place.

That was what I thought when I first read this rumor.

It would certainly be interesting to see if Tony could/would drive the red car.

Sure, AAP would get exposure but, their deal (I would GUESS) is with Cruzer. In ANY case, I can't imaginge AAP will let the red car be parked after Indy....interesting negotiation......

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back