One lane racetracks (1 Viewer)

Mikey

Nitro Member
This is not meant to be a bashing thread. Every year at pomona the right lane sucks. Sometimes it comes around and sometimes it doesn't. I know Cory outran Dixon in that lane, but first rounds were horrible. Mike Edwards was all over the place and did a great job hanging with it. My question is..... its the world finals!!!!!!Why can't they fix it??? I hate seeing racing decided because of lane choice only. Sure some will say qualify in top half and you won't have to worry about it. Just wondering

I read at Complus that Greg Anderson voiced his concerns, asking NHRA to please fix it before the next race there.

I was watching a race on youtube once from the 70's I think it was at ontario motor speedway , everyone was having trouble with the right hand lane and garlits came out and said he could win the race in the right hand lane through experiance and tuning to the track conditions and sure enough he did win that race . Im not a tuner or racer or an expert but have often wondered if with all the good tracks the pro guys race on now whether the experiance the old time racers got from racing on bad track is something thats lost now . Through being an observant fan I often think that if the only tracks you race on are goods ones how are you suppost to learn how to race on a bad one .

That was one of Force's advantage for years.
He match raced in so many cow pastures and bean fields he knew how to drive a bad track.

I was watching a race on youtube once from the 70's I think it was at ontario motor speedway , everyone was having trouble with the right hand lane and garlits came out and said he could win the race in the right hand lane through experiance and tuning to the track conditions and sure enough he did win that race . Im not a tuner or racer or an expert but have often wondered if with all the good tracks the pro guys race on now whether the experiance the old time racers got from racing on bad track is something thats lost now . Through being an observant fan I often think that if the only tracks you race on are goods ones how are you suppost to learn how to race on a bad one .

Run a couple of sessions out of the grove. You learn really fast...:p

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back