old Force pic (1 Viewer)

ozfuel

Nitro Member
Ive never seen this pic before - thought you guys might like it as much as I.
Force v Densham, Sydney Australia early 1970's.

Dragster.com.au - Forum

Mark.

been racing for 30 years, won 13 championships, been on fire from here to Australia ..........:D

Wow 1970's??? Force... he went overseas back then??? Is this real?? I had no idea. That's pretty amazing - to think any USA driver took a car down there way the heck back then. It wasn't as common or logistically feasable as it is today.

John Force started racing with a fuel altered in the early 70's and then moved to funny car in around 75 , and as alot of people know he won his first nhra rce in 87

Last edited:
old Force pic is way too old.. or maybe not?

despite the photo being too old and pre dating his career Force never ever ran a Vega.

well apparently Ive proven myself wrong

70"s funny cars round 6

Needing no introduction to new millennium flopper fans is John "Brute" Force. Force's first flopper was Jack Chrisman's sidewinder Mustang flopper in 73 which got John banned from OCIR for the car throwing too many chains (and the hazards that presented!). In 75 Force bought cousin Gene Beaver's "LA Hooker" Vega and in 76 Force turned to F/C racing full time. With Steve Plueger wrenching and backing from Leo's Stereo, 78 was the "turn around" year for Force. He won OCIR's PDA meet and a couple flopper shows at Fremont. Force hit the NHRA trail full time in 79, and was rewarded with his first final round appearance at the 79 Cajun Nationals where he lost to Kenny Bernstein. The rest... is history!!!! (Photo by John Shanks, used with permission.)

Last edited:
Seems like I remember a story about Densham and Force being paid to run in Australia. Something about them being broke and wondering how they were going to get home. Also something about being told to leave the motel windows or door open so the snakes could leave in the morning.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back