Odds on a 4.30's run this season? (1 Viewer)

Do you know for an absolute fact that the rev-limiter was functioning on the prior runs of which you speak? Without the top end numbers where it kicks in, there will be no record breaking passes.[/COLOR]

There just was a record breaking pass!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It was a quick run, from the time it left the starting line, to half track, to 1000', to wherever the limiter kicked in, to the 1320. It was hauling ass long before it was on the limiter.

Here are some numbers for you--
"The Pass"-- current rev limiter package

3.003/283.19 3.759 4.428/327.98

The 337 Pass from Brainerd.

3.019/277.77 3.785 4.446/337.58

660 et difference=.016
1000 et difference=.026
1320 et difference=.018

This tells me on average the car on the .42 pass was still pulling harder to 1000' to make the time difference grow .010. Between 1000' and 1320' something happened to make the time difference shorten to .002, not to mention the car went from being 5 mph faster at the 1/8 to being 10 mph slower at the finish line. Tells me the limiter probably came on down there.
I'm not saying he would of run 342 MPH, but it could of been 334-337.

Or, it put a hole out, which could represent the loss. Ethier way, it goes to show if you run it hard before it kicks in, you can lose 10 mph and still manage a record time.

Last edited:
I think AJ and company have found a way to get that car up on the tire alot sooner in the run. The first 800' or so, the thing is haulin', then that rev limiter kicks in and a .42 comes up at just 327mph. Just some random thoughts.

Late.............Mitch (who at 52 would STILL be a gofer for any team in the nitro pits!)

I wouldn't bet against you!

Hey Justin did you make it down to Houston to watch the pro mods, any good? I haven't looked for results yet, been busy.

Mike

Yeah, we were out there running top dragster. There were only 3 pro mods. It was disappointing to say the least. I am sure the weather played a big role in it. Frankie Taylor, Chris Smith, and Booth. All 3 local guys, Taylor being the only one that you guys probably know. Taylor got off the only decent run with a 4.05 1/8th mile time. I will say this though, Michael Phillips was there with his new Sharp Contractors PSB and I seen him make a couple of passes, first a 7.14 at 190 and then a 7.10. It looked good.

Last edited:
I think AJ and Shoe would have gone a .40 or .41 on the famous "shutoff" pass had the car not had issues. I am with Justin that I got 50 that AJ is first to it, though I would love to see Baze and Beard get it done.

I think I may have a different look at this thread... If AJ or Tobler, or whoever, can run a .30 or a .40 and pretty much put that record out of reach for everyone else early... Pomona 1 or Gainsville, wherever... Get it while you can and be done with it and move on to Max. points at every race... There is no doubt that everyone thinks that AJ and his CREW!! are going to be the ones to do it... But Rahn can get it done as well... JMO:eek:

Yeah...;)

I think we are all just speculating on IF one will be run this season.
Right, and a lot of the guys are saying that because of the new points system, no one would want to set a record early which is true. But that doesn't mean the won't try to "go for broke", early on, and put the data away for another time. So,, someone can run a 30's and choose not go for a NR. JMHO Another testimonial to the ridiculousness of the "New" Points System, Damn, I'm Hijacking my own thread!:eek:

But that doesn't mean the won't try to "go for broke", early on, and put the data away for another time. So,, someone can run a 30's and choose not go for a NR. JMHO Another testimonial to the ridiculousness of the "New" Points System, Damn, I'm Hijacking my own thread!:eek:

That's true.

Now give YOUR thread back to it's rightful owner!!!! :D :eek:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back