Odds on a 4.30's run this season? (1 Viewer)

I think the only reason we saw Shoe's .42 last year was because AJ had no option but to try and run it.

I don't think we will see a 4.3x this year.... but I would love to!

I think we will see it, it has to happen early though (Pomona, Houston or Gainesville). If not, it won't happen til late in the season (Reading, Virginia or Pomona). But I do think it will happen this season.

If it were to happen it will not anywhere early in the season. With the new BS points system a team would be insane to set a record early when the points mean nothing. They'll keep the record in reach in case the need it later in the season when points are at a premium.

stupid clowndown points:mad:

PJ

NHRA points System Petition

Hmm.. It's going to have to be perfect. 2.97-2.98 @ 280 or so to half track...which is damn quick.

Everybody talks about "the right conditions" and that's what it's going to take.

Can AJ do it?? I think he could, but it's going to have to be just right.

I think it will happen late in the season, Saturday night Oct. 6th second round qualifying in Richmond. To everyone's surprise, it won't be A.J. & the "Army Strong" ride but none other than the "Ice Cream Man" piloting the CREAMSICLE rail to a 4.39 run

Any given car out there could do it "if conditions are right". Certainly not just Schumacher. Like someone said though, why "try" to do it early on? Later in the season is when it will be critical to eek out every point you can.

The heck with the .30's..... I'm still hoping someone can smash Joe Amato's long-standing track record at Bandimere!!!

I Got $50 That Says If Its Done This Year, Aj And The Sarge Are The Ones Who Do It. Any Takers?

I think it will happen late in the season, Saturday night Oct. 6th second round qualifying in Richmond

That would be nice, because I'd be at the track :) I think it will fall, either in VA, or over at Pomona (finals) But if Pomona gets the cool conditions this weekend, then anything could happen, but if it's going to fall it will be late in the season, I think we will see a .41 on Saturday.

Mike

I Got $50 That Says If Its Done This Year, Aj And The Sarge Are The Ones Who Do It. Any Takers?

I wouldn't bet against you!

Hey Justin did you make it down to Houston to watch the pro mods, any good? I haven't looked for results yet, been busy.

Mike

I think it will happen late in the season, Saturday night Oct. 6th second round qualifying in Richmond. To everyone's surprise, it won't be A.J. & the "Army Strong" ride but none other than the "Ice Cream Man" piloting the CREAMSICLE rail to a 4.39 run

I hope you are right Dale but first they need to learn to run 4.40's!!!:eek:

(Just pokin' some fun...)

One requirement would be for NHRA to continue to look the other way with the rev-limiters as they did many times last year when they had been mysteriously inoperative. If they enforce the rule to the letter of the law, it's virtually impossible.
Do the math!

I wouldn`t put anything past Alan Johnson, he proved that at the Finals last Nov. I personally don`t think it`ll happen this year, but I think we`ll see one or two .41s and maybe...maybe a .40.

I have a funny feeling with good weather, AJ does it by Gainesville. Not sure why, but I think he will. We know he can pull a moose out of a hat after last years show, why would the man show any restraint at this point?:confused:

One requirement would be for NHRA to continue to look the other way with the rev-limiters as they did many times last year when they had been mysteriously inoperative. If they enforce the rule to the letter of the law, it's virtually impossible.
Do the math!

What makes it impossible??
What math?

If AJ picks that thing up .03 in the 1/8, he's there. Rev Limiter isn't on then anyways.

Na, it's gonna be Whit and Lee at Petersburg, but only if we get the "Top End" problem fixed... And they be in fifth in points at the time and the extra twenty will put them in the final four with tony, larry and doug... running the cards for max points then get kicked back to just 40 out... bumping hotrod out of the chase

Any given car out there could do it "if conditions are right". Certainly not just Schumacher. Like someone said though, why "try" to do it early on? Later in the season is when it will be critical to eek out every point you can.

The heck with the .30's..... I'm still hoping someone can smash Joe Amato's long-standing track record at Bandimere!!!

What is the record at Bandimere?
What do you think the NHRA's reaction would be if someone were to run a .30?
Everytime they try slowing them down they just get around it and end up quicker.

What is the record at Bandimere?
What do you think the NHRA's reaction would be if someone were to run a .30?
Everytime they try slowing them down they just get around it and end up quicker.

4.58 in 1999 :eek:
Prock holds the track record for both fuel classes at the same time. Pretty Cool.

What makes it impossible??
What math?

If AJ picks that thing up .03 in the 1/8, he's there. Rev Limiter isn't on then anyways.
Do you know for an absolute fact that the rev-limiter was functioning on the prior runs of which you speak? Without the top end numbers where it kicks in, there will be no record breaking passes.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back