Norwalk Car Count (1 Viewer)

FABMAN

Nitro Member
Great car count in almost all categories. Says a lot for Baders and how they run the facility, always a popular race for fans and racers.

Norwalk has always seemed to draw large car counts. I know that in the IHRA days, over 1000 cars wasn't unusual. Watching 60 plus Pro Mods trying to qualify is a lasting memory for me. Just goes to show you that if a track is well run and the racers and fans feel appreciated, fans and racers will come. :)

We drive up from Houston every year for this race. The track and their staff are absolutely first class. The fans are great and the racing is fast.

We also get a Cedar Point fix one day before the race .... and this year, we get the relatively short drive over to Chicago to compete against the best of the best.

Great car count in almost all categories. Says a lot for Baders and how they run the facility, always a popular race for fans and racers.

I would love to attend Norwalk someday, but everything from airfares to motels are Stupid expensive! A famous Photog/Columnist who posts here occasionally says it's his most expensive race

I would love to attend Norwalk someday, but everything from airfares to motels are Stupid expensive! A famous Photog/Columnist who posts here occasionally says it's his most expensive race
Plane tickets for Norwalk, you need to decide and buy as far in advance as you can, and unlike many other national event locations, there are a number of airport options that are viable if you don't mind driving a little. Cleveland and Toledo are closest. Akron/Canton isn't much further away. Columbus, and even Dayton are options. Hotels in Sandusky are pricey all summer long because of Cedar Point, but again, you can still find decent prices if you reserve far enough in advance...and there are also lodging options south of Norwalk.

Joe have you tried Flying into Detroit ? A major airport may be cheaper. It's not a bad ride from there to Norwalk.
That's something that those of us who live in large states don't often understand. I worked races at Martin US 131 4 times, and I flew into 4 different airports to do so - Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Detroit and Indy!

I was racing there for the regional and national last year. The regional had almost as many spectators and was even more exciting than the national. They do cool stuff like playing loud rock in roll music while the cars are doing burnouts and have a way of making every round seem like it is the final at Indy. And the ice cream is great!

I wonder if other promoters are looking at the car counts at Norwalk and thinking of using similar idea's to boost their car counts at events at their tracks.

Norwalk seems to really have a formula for getting out the racers and spectators and showing the other owners how to put on a First Class event.

Just my opinion. Jim Hill
http://www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

Didn't they used to give away a ticket to the divisional/open if you pre ordered the national event? That seemed like a really good idea to get people in. Plus it's a really nice looking track and stands.

Didn't they used to give away a ticket to the divisional/open if you pre ordered the national event? That seemed like a really good idea to get people in.

Not surprising out of the Bader's. This seems like such a no-brainer for the tracks that host both events. Put them in the envelope. If the national event attendees can't attend the LODRS race, they might be more likely to pass them on (and buy hot dogs, and maybe buy tickets of their own, and thus is the circle of life...)

I have been staying about 40 miles from the track since Sun and i have seen numerous commercials for the Summit Nationals.

Nice to see all the cars not to mention the nearly full bleachers . I always liked the Baders some definitely could learn a lesson .

I thought the turnout this year was the lowest I have ever seen there.

Dn't know about all the days but the bleachers looked less than half full on Sunday TV. If Norwalk can't draw any bettter than than it looked you might as well turn out the lights because the party's over for big show national events.

Maybe there were just a lot of tired and hungover fans from the late night race and fourth of July celebration. The fans sure were having fun on Sat night. Anyway the lights are still on here in Joliet...so, i guess i should probably still show up for work tomorrow.

I'll bet the attendance over the 3 days was pretty stout. Not a sellout, but strong. People move around a lot at the drag races, and it does seem that Sunday is generally a weaker crowd than Saturday at most events.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back