No top fuel @ vegas heritage race???? (1 Viewer)

n/a

Nitro Member
My family & I have been planning the trip to Vegas for this race and was just about to confirm our airline tickets, 3 rooms and rental cars, when I decided to check out the NHRA Heritage Site one last time before acting.... Here's what I found.

“Due to difficulty in obtaining sponsorship for both the Top Fuel purse and the proper promotion of that category, we feel that it is in our best interest to further develop this event with Group 1 and 2 categories,” said Chris Blair, vice president of racing operations, Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

I would have expected that the "Sponsorship" as a requirement to holding an event like this, would have be settled by all concerned parties previous to issuing any schedule?

So any of you out there that are in the know, and close to this situation what gives??

Please chime in, educate me.

Larry Fulton

Larry, the track wants a sponsor for the T/F purse. This race wont draw the crowd that the March Meet does so the track has to put up the purse and without a sponsor it would be hard for the track to cover the money.

Larry, the track wants a sponsor for the T/F purse. This race wont draw the crowd that the March Meet does so the track has to put up the purse and without a sponsor it would be hard for the track to cover the money.

Mike, I understand what you are saying ("won't draw the crowd of that the March Meet does" and "the purse" and all) ...

but MY Question is, why even announce / schedule this Vegas race if it was reliant on a Non-Confirmed Sponsor, and drawing a big crowd like the March Meet?

It seems like putting the cart before the horse to me.

Larry

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back