No roku on NHRA all access again this year? (1 Viewer)

Nemo

Nitro Member
It's up on my laptop but only archived videos on the Roku. I thought that was fixed for 2017?

I've been trying as well .... paid for all access and bought a new roku just for this, looks like I just pissed $210 away

Yea they told me last year with a few races left that the roku app would be fixed for next season. Before I paid my money I was reassured by both the NHRA rep and the Cleng rep that it was good to go for 2017...here we are. Told to use a laptop or desktop...I don't use those, I have a roku. Was the off season not long enough to fix a problem they assured me was already resolved?

directly from NHRAs webpage

Can I watch All Access on my Roku?

Yes, you can watch All Access on your Roku device. Go to the Roku store and search for NHRA All Access to download the app.

from roku.com

NHRA All Access
Developer: Cleeng

National Hot Rod Association brings the thrill of live drag racing right to your living room with NHRA All Access. Featuring live, all-day video coverage from NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series and ability to view previously recorded races as Video On Demand. See all racing classes including Top Fuel Dragster, Funny Car, Pro Stock, and Pro Stock Motorcycle.

I was also told by NHRA via a email I sent to the NHRAsupport and they replied that yes Roku would get live coverage again!
That turns out to be a bold faced lie!

I just got my refund after I was emailed before the season started that the Roku issue was no longer an issue which was a bold faced lie!

This is the reply I was sent which was followed by another email verification of my refund!
Once they get their heads out of their butts I might get it but until then I won't!

Their reply:
Hi Robert,

Thank you for contacting Cleeng. My name is Mike and I am here to help you.

Unfortunately this weekend races will not be available on the Roku channel. If you are using a smart TV with its own Internet Browser you should be able to view the event directly on the TV, but you will have to check the TV's compatibility. Alternatively, you can purchase a HDMI cable OR equivalent to connect your computer/laptop to the TV and view it that way, although we cannot guarantee this will work (again you will need to check the compatibility between the TV and the cable itself).

You can also stream your events on your TV by using a chromecast, please have a quick read here on how to it works. - https://support.cleeng.com/hc/en-us...-demand-on-a-big-screen-using-Chromecast#text

We are sorry for any confusion and hope you enjoy your event. Please also note that a full replay of this weekends event will be available within the next few business days.

Regards,

Mike

Last edited:
That is the same response I got ( from Mike ) word for word. I wonder if it will ever be on Roku ?

I just received an email from Phil Burgess and he said that Roku was approved for live streaming and will be available starting in Pheniox.
This was Phil's reply:

"We just found out today that the Roku app has been approved but will not be available for Pomona, due to Roku's internal processes.
It should be fully functional by the Phoenix event in two weeks."

Last edited:
That's good to hear. We'll see. Now, if they'd just pipe in some car sounds !! Kinda like a silent movie now. Thanx

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back