No Haddock in the swamp? (1 Viewer)

NiTROhype

Nitro Member
I didn't see Terry listed in either FC or TF qualifying or entry lists. Did he not make the trip or did I miss another detention from "the man?"

Rumor has it he did get detention.. so to speak.... think he was asked to make some runs with out a blow up... or so the rumor is....

Hope he gets it figured out....

Billy

Me too. I would love to see him catch a break for once. Instead, it seems like the breaks just keep catching him.

I don't know the guy at all, but I have nothing but respect for people like him who chase their dreams the way he seems to be going after his. A lesser man like me would have quit a very long time ago. I'd love to see him get the ship righted and get some good news for a change.

my guess is he would be out saturday, maybe run the tf car since it looks like a short field, but hey im not there so i dont know if he is there for sure

How can he make runs when they limited how many test days they have? Unless they are wise enough to not count detention test against him

i have him on my twitter and facebook, he usually updates his drive there, when there leaving and when they get there etc , but no updates this week from him , , feb 21 he wrote on his facebook that he will be driving tf in gainsville, but hey that was a bit ago now

Last edited:
Word going around the pits after the phx national was he has been booted for the year due to his oil down problems in the first 2 races of the season!

Let's hope he can run with the IHRA or the AHRA instead. At least he can make some money there utilizing a mild tune up.

Word going around the pits after the phx national was he has been booted for the year due to his oil down problems in the first 2 races of the season!

I sure hope that isnt true. I know he has had poblems but its only the 3rd event,give him a chance to figure it out,since the low dollar guy cant test it may take bit? I swear NHRA is gettin more like nascrap every day.

I do admire Haddock's drive and determination but he really needs to take a time out.
If horrible tragedies can happen to well funded teams like Antron Brown's, just imagine what could happen when a team tries to run a car with parts that are beyond their usefull life.
Cars that are capable of running 320 MPH in 1000 ft. need to have only the best of parts as they are taxed to the max with the power they make. Running anything less than the best on those cars, is, IMO, foolhardy and dangerous.
I know many compare him to Force in his early years, but they weren't making enough power back then to literally tear the cars apart as they do today.
I wish him well, but I do think he needs to stop and regroup.
Running like he has been will sooner or later get him or someone else hurt or worse.
JMHO

He wasn't booted for the year. They are having him make 5 clean runs before he is allowed to come back. He was down at Houston last weekend. They said the track was ok to the 1/8th but it was hard to get down from the 1/8th on. The three runs he made on Saturday only burned one piston and a bearing. He used the same block and rotating assembly on each run. There was an NHRA guy there observing him Saturday, but for some reason the guy didn't come back on Sunday so they didn't get the last runs in that they needed.

I think that is a good call, not sure about the guy not showing up on Sunday. I hope they come through and work it out to get back into the show.

It's not like he doesn't need a few "test" runs to get everything worked out.

I am hoping these runs don't go against his "testing limit", which I feel they shouldn't. Now who is going to be the first person to complain about him receiving "NHRA Sanctioned" test runs that everyone else doesn't get.

Hopefully, everyone will see that this benefits everybody involved in the show and leave it alone.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back