No Camera Bags This Weekend at Wild Horse Pass? (1 Viewer)

mltdwn12

Nitro Member
Last year a guy at the gate said I couldn't bring in my camera bag. After some arguing, they let me in. I called WHP to see if anything changed and I just gat a voice mail from a Brenda who said that you are not allowed to bring a freakin' camera bag in! She said that's not a WHP rule, it's NHRA's, they have no juristiction over it! Funny, you own the facility! What kind of crap is that? It's bad enough we have to pay the same prices as other tracks who get more of a show (Alcohol, Pro Mod etc) but now we can't even take a camera bag in! I guess I'll call NHRA tomorrow to see what their reasoning is. No food, no drinks, no camera bag, I'm surprised you can bring a camera in at all!

Craig

I haven't been to Indy in a couple years but I was able to take in a camera bag there and bring in food. I know it's not WHP but that wouldn't seem like an NHRA rule if things haven't changed. A lot of times though I take just the camera unless I'm swapping lenses a bit.

Doesn't make sense, but I'll call NHRA tomorrow and see. I like to normally have my 50 mm lens for the pits and stuff and also a 300 mm zoom for shooting from the stands.

Doesn't make sense, but I'll call NHRA tomorrow and see. I like to normally have my 50 mm lens for the pits and stuff and also a 300 mm zoom for shooting from the stands.
Never a problem at Bandimere. The ck at gate

Last year a guy at the gate said I couldn't bring in my camera bag. After some arguing, they let me in. I called WHP to see if anything changed and I just gat a voice mail from a Brenda who said that you are not allowed to bring a freakin' camera bag in! She said that's not a WHP rule, it's NHRA's, they have no juristiction over it! Funny, you own the facility! What kind of crap is that? It's bad enough we have to pay the same prices as other tracks who get more of a show (Alcohol, Pro Mod etc) but now we can't even take a camera bag in! I guess I'll call NHRA tomorrow to see what their reasoning is. No food, no drinks, no camera bag, I'm surprised you can bring a camera in at all!

Craig
Look at the people that own the track. Nothing they do would be a surprise.

I've been bringing 3 lenses (11-18, 18-70, and 70-200) 2 bodies, and accessories in a backpack to both Seattle and Pomona and have never once been told I couldn't bring my gear in. I always have my pack off, ready for inspection when I get to the gate.

Look at the people that own the track. Nothing they do would be a surprise.
It's one of the worst tracks if not the worst track on the circuit. Spectator viewing is really bad the way the grandstands are set up, can't see a thing once everybody stands up. Big screen set up is hard to see. We just go because it's close, otherwise no way.

So I call NHRA and they tell me it's not their decision about what can and can't be taken into the facility, it's up to the facility operator, WHP in this case. She pulls up the rules on the WHP website and I tell her I know what that says, but WHP is still telling me no camera bags! So another call to WHP, leave a message again and see if they call back. It seems like such a simple issue, but it rteally bothers me when no one will stand up and say yes, that's our rule and here's why.

What you can bring into the track is on the track management. Items as simple as an umbrella are allowed at places like E-Town and Maple Grove but you can't bring one in to Joliet.

They are letting bags in. No outside food or drink except water. Came in the gate an hour ago.

I did receive another call from WHP and he said there was some confusion down the line on what could come it, and a camera bag should be no problem.

I came in with a back pack (no water) & was allowed in. Seating situation much better this year. Had good seats about 200' mark on spectator side. Something new was that the track walls have incremental markings on them. 60', 330', 660' etc. I think that made it a bit more interesting for spectators, & think it's a good idea. Alan said NHRA had come up with it.

Something new was that the track walls have incremental markings on them. 60', 330', 660' etc. I think that made it a bit more interesting for spectators, & think it's a good idea. Alan said NHRA had come up with it.

probably to help TPed figure out where the car started to smoke the tires....

It was a spectacular weekend. I took over 600 pics, so it will take a few days to process and get them posted. Here's the Torrence and Torrence semi-final duel.
DSC_8521 (3).jpg

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back