Nitro jam salt lake style!!! (1 Viewer)

Tim5636sc

Nitro Member
Just got back from my trip to the IHRA Nitro Jam where my boy Johnny Ahten flat out DOMINATED the Pro Fuel category and my boss, Brett Winberg took his 1990 Ford Fox Body Mustang to the final round of Top Sportsman (WITH NO ELECTRONICS IN THIS CAR), flying the CleanBoost Performance Motor Oil banner on his car. Johnny won his race Saturday in the CleanBoost lane and because we sponsor the right lane, we heard the CleanBoost brand name over 1,000 times!!!

The Crowds were INSANE!! Sold out, standing room only on Saturday and an almost full capacity on Friday made for a great weekend at the track.

I'm impressed with the IHRA "SHOW". The fan fest is was really cool, the NITRO THUNDER was really well done. And the fans were very entertained.

Good job by the staff at Rocky Mountain Raceway and IHRA for providing a good racing surface for us to set a track record with Johnny's Pro Fuel Dragster.

Tim
Glad that you had a good time here in Utah, Congrats to your boss, and how bout that Johnny Ahten, That is a bad "A" run for Pro Fuel at this elevation.
That Mustang sure looks familiar, is Brett Winberg a local racer here at RMR?
I looked around for you this weekend (thought I might recognize you, but I guess not) but our paths never crossed.
What a GREAT weekend of racing, plus a lot of friends of mine won Iron-men! I believe all the Iron-men trophies went to our local racers!!!
And how about that Sat. crowd, I don't believe I have ever seen that many people at RMR, That was great to see!
What a great decision by IHRA and RMR to bring IHRA racing this far west, "I" personally think it is one of the best decisions that RMR has ever made (switching to IHRA).
Hope it happens again next year with just as much excitement.

Dittos on the great job the Ahtens did at RMR.

Ya gotta go to Summit's IHRA photo page and look up the awesum night shot of Johnny launching wheels-up.

Drag race drama!

Thanks for the Kudos guys...

and to answer the question, yup... Brett Winberg is a local guy, (From Sandy, Utah) and has been racing that Mcdonald's colored 90 Mustang for a few seasons... (I kid my boss about it and the HORRIBLE job he did on our CleanBoost logo for the car....I tell him to stay in the lab, let me do the stickers and stuff)....

Brett's son-in-law Travis Gaylord races his Mustang (the black stealth one) in ET also, running a sponsorship with our Z-Alt Motor Muscle Car Oil in his car. Z-Alt Muscle Car Oil

Johnny's car was supported by Combustion Technologies USA as well...(that's all I can say at this moment...more details coming soon);)

Dittos on the great job the Ahtens did at RMR.

Ya gotta go to Summit's IHRA photo page and look up the awesum night shot of Johnny launching wheels-up.

Drag race drama!

Thanks Norm...that is a bad a$$ shot... too bad the light was red.... would have been a double-double. We'll get that NHRA Monkey off our back soon enough. We've figured out a cool new Fuel System that significanly helps keep the candles lit at the top end.... We didn't drop a cylinder all weekend, except Sat round one when we launched on only 6 holes all the way down, (WAYYYY to Rich)...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back