Nitro Funny Cars in the NY Times (1 Viewer)

I don't have a subscription, I just clicked the link and it came right up. Maybe someone more internet savvy than me can get a better link????
Austin Coil sent me the link in an email. Tim Wilkerson also has it linked on his Twitter. Both worked for me?????

Alan

I don't have a subscription, I just clicked the link and it came right up. Maybe someone more internet savvy than me can get a better link????
Austin Coil sent me the link in an email. Tim Wilkerson also has it linked on his Twitter. Both worked for me?????

Alan

Tried Tim's Twitter link, Same thing.

Tried Tim's Twitter link, Same thing.

Sorry Joe,
I don't know what to tell you, I'm using Chrome, don't have a
subscription, don't have anything but the link. But both the link I posted and the Twitter one work for me.

The story headline reads "A (Barely) Controlled Explosion and 330 M.P.H. Before You can Blink."

Maybe there's another way to see it?

Alan

Nice to see the coverage in a non conventional (for us) place.

Alan

Opened right up for me on a Mac running Safari. The New York Times. Who would have thought. Very cool. I thought it was an excellent no BS technically savy article. Especially exciting to see an accurate article about our sport in a "serious" non sports oriented "legitimate" news source. Definitely something different.

Sorry Joe,
I don't know what to tell you, I'm using Chrome, don't have a
subscription, don't have anything but the link. But both the link I posted and the Twitter one work for me.

The story headline reads "A (Barely) Controlled Explosion and 330 M.P.H. Before You can Blink."

Maybe there's another way to see it?

Alan

HUH! I usually use Edge, just tried Chrome, It works, Thanks Alan!

Worked fine here too. Interesting, a few mistakes win the article but overall good article for the unknowing which just might get them to think about coming out and seeing one.

Nice graphic job of explaining something to people who aren't familiar with Top Fuel racing. I don't think I've ever heard someone say "Inside a 500 cubic inch engine, all hell is breaking loose"... pretty cool.
btw, I think it was Mark Twain who said that you shouldn't line your bird cage with newspaper. Your bird will read it and become smarter that you.

btw, I think it was Mark Twain who said that you shouldn't line your bird cage with newspaper. Your bird will read it and become smarter that you.
But how would you know when all he says is “pretty bird” and “peak-a-boo”! ?
If he started quoting the NYT I’d friccasee him! 🤪

Very good article - Happy to see ANYTHING about auto racing )in general) and (real) drag racing that doesn't involve injuries.

BTW: Congrats to the PR person who got that published. Like to see more - and more timely - stuff in the future!

I don't think I've ever heard someone say "Inside a 500 cubic inch engine, all hell is breaking loose"... pretty cool.

Tim told me years ago, when you start this thing everything inside wants wants out.

great article. i wonder too who got this published in the NYT online sunday edition may 27, 2020. who gets the thanks?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back