nitro FC (1 Viewer)

mick

Nitro Member
just thought i'd throw this in for everyone's viewing pleasure.

PM cars have ultra cool bodies resembling both old and new muscle cars;
why can't these swoopy, but incredibly recognizable bodies, adorn today's
nitro FC's?... and race like this? i'd give my left.... well.. i'd pay a lot. :D

race this way to 1000' all day (i mean night) long... @ about 280 - 300mph...
it would be great.

Chi-Town Hustler at Edgewater - YouTube

Last edited:

nitro FC's?... and race like this? i'd give my left.... well.. i'd pay a lot. :D

it would be great.

You only have a few more weeks to wait and they will be in Bakersfield.:)

Last edited:
You only have a few more weeks to wait and they will be in Bakersfield.:)
Looks like a ton of them will be there! Euge, you gonna be crewing on your friend's car again?
I'm going all 3 days. Really looking forward to it, Vegas, and Pomona.

Paul,

Come by Frank Ousley's NTF pit and say "HI" if you get the time.

Rapid {I know, I know, a funnycar guy there with a dragster what is the world coming to} :D :D

wish i could make it to one of those deals.
the nhra pro fc's could look and entertain better while still competing,
and every once in a while at night....JMHO

mike m. - who is who in that video?

Looks like a ton of them will be there! Euge, you gonna be crewing on your friend's car again?
I'm going all 3 days. Really looking forward to it, Vegas, and Pomona.
Paul...I will not be able to make it becase the race has been moved back one week, and I have to fly to Chicago that weekend and drive Bodes hauler to Las Vegas. But after the March Meet we stripped the car down to a bare chassis, and we went through the motor, and put a new transmission back in the car. The name on the car will not be the Nitro Cowboy at the Hot Rod Reunion, it has been changed to the--- "Hot 4 Teacher". It looks pretty cool, I think you will like it. I hope to Cya in Vegas paul.:)

Last edited:
It would be awesome to see those cars run, I wasn't around when they did the first time around. And I have enough trouble going 2 hours to BIR once a year, let alone get to Cali for a weekend. I can only hope the NHRA would make nostalgia a class and run it... but what are the odds...

As for the bodies, 100% agree, both Pro stock and NFC should roll back... well maybe use the current body styles and not wedge-a-fy (NFC) or bubble-a-fy (PS) them so much, then for FC take out that gigantic box on the back. Instantly reduce speeds and ET's to "safe" levels. Make it more fun to watch... huh.. seems totally obvious - but I won't be holding my breath on that one.

In this case, in my opinion change would be good.

Picture a door jam with wheels and a Toyota sticker on it... that's what today's FC's look like. And take a close look at a Dodge PS car... they put fourth the effort to put 4 doors on it - but the second door is like 1/4 size so it looks comical.... so many problems... so many opinions.

Won't happen, guys. No sport, company, industry, or movement is willing to turn-back the clock. Continued advancement is the key in moving forward and to get to this level and then go backwards, is a bad sign to send.

Won't happen, guys. No sport, company, industry, or movement is willing to turn-back the clock. Continued advancement is the key in moving forward and to get to this level and then go backwards, is a bad sign to send.

At a time when fewer and fewer fans are under 25, this is suppose to build the sport??

I agree innovation is the key. I would be happy to see someone pick up the Heritage Series for a limited TV schedule but I doubt that would happen.

Bernie,

In the tech world and some other industries your comment is right on the money. However when one is searching for the elusive "Customer entertainment dollars" the table needs to be open to alot more directions. ;)

How about a change of direction for forward progress?? ;)

Consider for a moment, Retro style Camaro, Cuda, Mustangs,,,all a pretty big hit and certainly a step in the different direction and it sure moved the auto industry forward.

How about the mini-skirt,,,comes back every few years and sells like hell and sure suits my eyeballs. :p

I think the nhra experience could use a little revamping, and pulling out some of the 60-years of history on what worked might not be such a bad idea. JMO

Rapid

Last edited:

it would be great.

What are you saying Mike? You don't like the FC bodies that look like those dirt track Late Models? :D I've never been able to tell what brand those things are.

it has been changed to the "Hot For Teacher". It looks pretty cool, I think you will like it. I hope to Cya in Vegas paul.:)

VHHot4Teacher.gif

hot-for-teacher.gif

see ya in Vegas, bud. :cool:

Ahhhhh....thanks for the reminder!

After March Meet "2008" sucked me in........Things have not been the same since. I think they had 60 Nitro FC's show up and qualifying went deep into Saturday Night.
The last time I checked there was 35 funny cars on the entry list for the CHRR.

The largest qualified field at bakersfield for the AA/FC's has been 37 cars for a 16 car field last year at the CHRR... All others have been 32 or less... This years CHRR should reset that mark...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back