Nitro 1/8th Mile (1 Viewer)

stitcherbob

Nitro Member
I always enjoy seeing Del and Chuck Worsham make runs, but I hope this isn't a sneak peak of the future of big show nitro

3.19 @ 275 is kinda like paying to see Mike Tyson fight and then it's a knockout in the first 3 seconds of the first round....

What is the quickest & fastest run for a big show F/C in the 1/8? Somewhere around 3.10??? Over 280?

If NHRA decided to go with 1/8 mile, They might as well just run with 330 spurts. In my opinion going with 1000 ft. racing is fine over 1320 but if they go shorter, Might as well take the back half of the stands out then there will be plenty of wiggle room with COVID as to how many can attend.

LOL! All the complaints about 1320 still ongoing, imagine the mess NHRA would be in if they went to 1/8 mile. Then again... never say never.

Del now has the 1/8 mile record at an 1/8 mile race but it wasn't the quickest 1/8 mile FC time ever. Several FC competitors ran quicker during qualifying at Gainesville; Capps was the quickest at 3.15/280. and Alexis ran two back to back 3.16 times. The 660' incremental numbers on Robert Hight's 3.79/338 pass at Brainerd 2017 were 3.10/288.

Question of the day - what could Hight's 3.79/338 pass have been, run out to 1320 feet, assuming the timing retard didn't kill the run? 4.50/350 ?

when it blows up at the 1/8, just think of all the room they'll have to slow to a stop, and the additional 340' of cleanup for the safari ;)

Last edited:
Well....at least we know what bracket racing Nitro Funny Car against Alcohol Funny Car will look like when the fields get smaller and smaller....

So......
Del goes to a eighth mile event, with his personal car just for fun, and you guys are ready to quit?

What if he decided to go to a cacklefest? Would you decide that meant we were never going to race again?

Alan
no, del gets a pass no matter what he does. he's got the coolest tshirts :cool:

How about "Run What Ya Brung...as long as it runs on NITRO" 1/8th mile? There were some problems, but seeing Altereds, bikes, retro funny cars and nitro injected TAD's competing together was cool

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back