Nightmare At 2009 Winternationals (1 Viewer)

NHRA.com, clicked on participate, then clicked National Event Registration, then clicked Event Entry Statistics in the grey box...

NHRA.com, clicked on participate, then clicked National Event Registration, then clicked Event Entry Statistics in the grey box...

Thanks Billy. Doesn't give us any names, but those are some sobering statistics five weeks before the start of the season. It's good to know that the Competition Department will be all over updating the list after their vacation from 12/23 to 01/05 - :rolleyes:

I'd like to think smaller teams will be able to fill out the rosters but if the big teams are hurting for money I would think the smaller teams are too. If crazy rich guys like Kalitta, Black and Lucas aren't going to foot their bills this time how can Wiess, luigi, Zizzo and others do it? If larger companies are pulling out fue to the economy then some of the smaller or regional companies that help these smaller teams are hurting to aren't they???

We didn't have the issues as bad this season and we already saw 3 short fields, roughly a half dozen that only 16 showed up and another 5 were there was only one alternate. All that before the economy really sagged. I just don't see where people think all of these magical other teams are going to come from. Again I hope I am way wrong it but.....

And Joe sadly most fans aren't like us diehards. I'm happy to watch supper stock or nitro its all good. But to many its nitro or nothing....and we need that group to show up with their cash to keep the show going for us. Also I can go to my local track and see sportsman for 10$ why pay $60 plus travel to go see a scaled down pro show?

As of now indy is all thats on my docket until I see what goes on with the season

I'd like to think smaller teams will be able to fill out the rosters but if the big teams are hurting for money I would think the smaller teams are too. If crazy rich guys like Kalitta, Black and Lucas aren't going to foot their bills this time how can Wiess, luigi, Zizzo and others do it? If larger companies are pulling out fue to the economy then some of the smaller or regional companies that help these smaller teams are hurting to aren't they???

We didn't have the issues as bad this season and we already saw 3 short fields, roughly a half dozen that only 16 showed up and another 5 were there was only one alternate. All that before the economy really sagged. I just don't see where people think all of these magical other teams are going to come from. Again I hope I am way wrong it but.....

And Joe sadly most fans aren't like us diehards. I'm happy to watch supper stock or nitro its all good. But to many its nitro or nothing....and we need that group to show up with their cash to keep the show going for us. Also I can go to my local track and see sportsman for 10$ why pay $60 plus travel to go see a scaled down pro show?

As of now indy is all thats on my docket until I see what goes on with the season

PJ, most of the independents have maybe 4-5 on the crew as opposed to 8-10 for the Mega buck teams. Plus they can't afford to buy 8-10 Billets all at once either, they just purchase as they go not to mention the used parts the Bog teams sell them.

Thanks Billy. Doesn't give us any names, but those are some sobering statistics five weeks before the start of the season. It's good to know that the Competition Department will be all over updating the list after their vacation from 12/23 to 01/05 - :rolleyes:

Jim,
If you click on each category separately, it will bring up the entry list. Antron Brown is currently the only TF registered for Pomona and Phoenix. None of the Comp entries are from Cali, or AZ...yet. The lists update automatically, usually about 15 minutes after someone enters. I'm hoping the sportsman guys are just slower entering than usual, because they aren't worried about the classes filling up!!

I also wanted to point out that for D-7 Sportsman Racers, the schedule is impossibly front loaded this season. We are used to Firebird Nat, Firebird Div., Tucson Div., but now with SST at Vegas 1, and the Fontana SportNat, and Div. back to back.... That's 6 racing weekends in a 11 week period, with 1250$ just in entry fees!! I absolutely love racing NHRA Nationals and Divisionals, but my car will be parked through that stretch!!

Drag Racing will survive, it always does and always will!
But remember it always changes, it always has! and it always will!
Some will always say the world is coming to an end, they always have and they always will!
I always think they are all full of shift, I always have and I always will because they always are!
Just think some of little guys will get to race this year! Just think number 16 qualifier... some where between 4.979 to 5.887 and what the hell number 12 to 16 could win the race! why not! I love it! Bob Bode, Creasy, Cory Lee, Densham, Haddock, Frank Hawley :D Just think it would be Drag Racing again instead of bank roll vs bank roll!:mad:

Till then I'll just wait till things get back up to horseshift again! :p

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back