Night under fire Norwalk video coverage? (1 Viewer)

LoPony

Nitro Member
Anyone know where it will be covered? Live maybe? I’ve asked around a bit, and I can’t seem to find anyone who knows.

I also hear Ohio racing media will cover it, they have a YouTube channel. I don’t do Twitter or anything else.

Leigh Millican will not be there, I was really hoping she would. Clay is a regular, as of lately. 👍🏻

I don't think it will ever be available in that format. Bill has been approached by multiple outlets to stream (and even broadcast) the event in the past and he has passed. He does not believe the event would come through the same way as it does live in person and that's something very important to him.

I’ve never known it to be covered either, but maybe there will be some individual media people covering it. There’s no way I can make it, but I definitely want to see it. I don’t understand why it would not enhance the event. That’s like saying that NHRA.tv shouldn’t exist because everyone should attend live, and watching it on TV doesn’t come through the same way. Of course it doesn’t, but many people want to see it anyway. Sometimes, Bader’s head goes in strange directions. :rolleyes: Love ‘im, though.

Wont have to worry about video coverage this year. My wife was given two reserved seats in the Don Garlits bleachers at work today. :cool:
I hear they really pack the place. Should be a lot of fun.

doug winters helped to organize a late addition to norwalk, the b'laster 1000' 4-car pro mod shootout.
a great addition to the show.

Hoping to make it down for it, love the event but weather looked iffy a couple of days ago

It has been on the NHRA.tv schedule from the beginning of the year, but is suddenly not in the app. it looks like there was intention to, but Bader changed his mind? or didn't know? Really disappointing - I was very much looking forward to PRIMARILY the Alcohol eliminations, but also getting to see Jack Beckman's first runs in the Peak Funny Car. This screenshot is from the most recent National Dragster. Note the NHRA.tv next to the Norwalk Alcohol only Regional.

Attachments

• Regional schedule.png
    Regional schedule.png
    447.5 KB · Views: 37
It should be streamed, no idea why not. The event sells out every year, what does Bill Jr gain by not allowing a livestream? Especially this year where there will be significant historical value? Really wonder what Bill Sr (RIP) would have thought about not live streaming in 2024?
For those who have never gone to Night Under Fire, believe me there is no hype, it truly is as awesome as claimed!

It should be streamed, no idea why not. The event sells out every year, what does Bill Jr gain by not allowing a livestream? Especially this year where there will be significant historical value? Really wonder what Bill Sr (RIP) would have thought about not live streaming in 2024?
For those who have never gone to Night Under Fire, believe me there is no hype, it truly is as awesome as claimed!
Bucket list for sure

Totally agree. This just is silly and no one out there seems to be covering it live, so I guess we just have to wait. I’m sure that even if he streamed it, he would still pack the place. It’s much more than a drag racing event.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back