Nice read about Marcus Lemonis (1 Viewer)

Just out of interest, what is a fair rate of pay for managing a nationwide business which turns over millions of dollars and deals with lives at risk on an annual basis?

The people on this board either:

A: Have no real idea of executive compensation and what is entailed.
B: Would bitch no matter what the executives are paid.
C: All of the above

Last edited:
Where does he get the business data about NHRA (do they make this available)? It seems like he would have to study the situation incognito before seriously inquiring or certainly before going all in.

Matt that's the first thought I had. Sounds like the contract has a exit clause in his favor. He is willing to continue the sponsorship as long as it's profitable, if not By By, he is not in business to lose money. He made a deal with NHRA almost overnight without ever having been to a race. Thats a big risk in business. He is in business to make money for his company and saw NHRA was desperate and thought NHRA might be a good opportunity and was willing to give it a shot. Haven't heard anything from either him or NHRA that the purses will go back to where they were with Coke and answers to that question have been real vague.
I hope the sponsorship is successful for Camping World, NHRA and especially for the Pro racers. Time will tell.

Last edited:
I hope Camping World stays a long time & I echo Terry's post. But I wonder if NHRA shouldn't be looking for another sponsor, "just in case". Or maybe a secondary sponsor to bring the purse $$$ up to par. Just my 5 cents....

in this day and age of brands going by the wayside faster than you can turn the channel, agreeing to anything exclusive mite be a bit risky. IMO the long list of 'nhra official this and that'
is a long list of sponsors that have for many years filled the financial gap after the main series sponsor's money runs out........if nhra could attract a 2nd major series sponsor with everyone's approval,
that would be great. if the series needs to run with one main sponsor (CW), then that's ok too, just look for continuation of 'official' and 'presenting' sponsors.
there's plenty of nhra business data available. just because we don't see it, doesn't mean it's not out there. nhra was 'on sale', IMO that is why CW stepped in almost compulsively. now we'll see
if they make a good pair. i am hopeful they will. not a whole lot of sponsors out there that cater to an aging motorsports crowd. i think RV/outdoor/camping play can work.

Internet advertising has totally changed focused advertising. Lots of activation going on to keep the name out there. I wouldn't do the job these folks do for their pay! The POTUS is the worst job in the US, but you can monetize if you survive the job. NHRA executive is essentially unleverageable. To be honest, their main product has a very low barrier to entry. Look at what has happened to BassMasters with the advent of Major League Fishing ..... 17 or 18 pro fisherman own that MLF league and they now have 85% the big names. Actually bass fishing and motorsports (particularly the NHRA) have a fair amount in common. Bass fishing probably has more amateurs buying from the same sport advertisers. . . and weather (except lightening) doesn't curtail live events.

The other thing about the WWW is that its open to all ... somedays it can be like going to a TED talk and having some Junior High Kid asking stupid questions (Sam don't be mad at my example, I'm a big fan of yours).

Brands want to be "trending" ... that said Camping World is more about people wanting to escape the tending concept. Happy to have them with us!

Last edited:
"NHRA executive is essentially leverageable. " and...... Try to tell the ones that there is a future in drag racing after sitting on the couch reminiscing about "The Good o'le days of drag racing" Me, I'm Not coming over to you're house to smell dirty furniture and mothballs."

"NHRA executive is essentially leverageable. " and...... Try to tell the ones that there is a future in drag racing after sitting on the couch reminiscing about "The Good o'le days of drag racing" Me, I'm Not coming over to you're house to smell dirty furniture and mothballs."
Left an "un" out of your quote of me ..... trust me, none of my homes involve dirty furniture or mothballs. The home I'm at right now has a full barrel of nitromethane in one of the shops. /jjw

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back