Nhra's next new track frontier (1 Viewer)

StarLink Now $299

Bruton also said that he'd double Compton's salary in the same interview. Sounds like pretty good bait to entice a deal to buy NHRA ...

uh.... I think I'd want to move and Run that track for Mr. Smith in the Boston Area....!! I'd get Big Pappi to throw the switch on the first pass!!! Buy the NHRA Bruton... but Fire the tall dude.... Hire the short dude!!!:cool:

You will have a better chance at winning Powerball than getting a new dragstrip built in New England.

I wonder what ever happened to that Plainfield deal......The indoor circle track with a drag strip.....if anyone has the money to do it it would be Mr. Smith.....or Al-Anabi:p

How much land does New England Dragway have access to?

We had a wonderful time up there last year. There and Budds Creek are two of my most favorite tracks now.

We had a wonderful time up there last year. There and Budds Creek are two of my most favorite tracks now.

Is that Epping, Or a another track? I've heard Epping's in a perfect location, but does it have the facilities?

NED was in some pretty heavy talks with NHRA a couple of years ago. At the end of the day, the bottom line to make the necessary infrastructure improvement was in the neighborhood of 10 million dollars.

The track has the land to expand on, but it will require a MASSIVE effort and the concurrent layout of cashola.

Brian

I like Budds Creek a lot also; it seems to have plenty of open land nearby that would make expansion possible.

However, it's pretty much in the middle of nowhere and getting a decent place to stay is a real problem. Last year I had a 30 mile drive and $150 a night at a Hampton. There are a couple of cheaper places, but not very many.

I guess I just described a bunch of places but my expenses on the road were getting completely out of hand so it's a sore spot.

I like Budds Creek a lot also; it seems to have plenty of open land nearby that would make expansion possible.

However, it's pretty much in the middle of nowhere and getting a decent place to stay is a real problem. Last year I had a 30 mile drive and $150 a night at a Hampton. There are a couple of cheaper places, but not very many.

I guess I just described a bunch of places but my expenses on the road were getting completely out of hand so it's a sore spot.
I was refering to Epping for a NHRA race, but I enjoy both tracks.

If NHRA wants to run in New England I think it's going to have to happen at NED. The folks around Loudon NH have their heels dug in about no dragstrip. Most of those loonies would be thankful if Bruton took his NASCAR track somewhere else. High property values and stodgy neighbors persist through out most of the New England states. Maybe Bruton could make NED an offer they couldn't refuse.:rolleyes:

While the likeliness is probably nill, I would love a track here in Connecticut, simply so I wouldn't have to drive out of state for a change. Yes, stretching, I know.

If NHRA wants to run in New England I think it's going to have to happen at NED. The folks around Loudon NH have their heels dug in about no dragstrip. Most of those loonies would be thankful if Bruton took his NASCAR track somewhere else. High property values and stodgy neighbors persist through out most of the New England states. Maybe Bruton could make NED an offer they couldn't refuse.:rolleyes:

The whole Northeast seems about as Unfriendly as they come when it comes to Motorsports! Just like So. Cal.

Even if NHRA Pursues NED, they're not going to do it in this economic climate! I'd say 2-3 years down the road at least!;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back