NHRA.TV (1 Viewer)

megadeth

Nitro Member
Watching the race and the overlapping of the booth is ridiculous! You hear the host speaking as and the guy talking to the crowds!

Watching the race and the overlapping of the booth is ridiculous! You hear the host speaking as and the guy talking to the crowds!
You would think after all these years the NHRA would have this figured out. Perfect example why I gave up on NHRA.TV after the 2nd year.

The audio problems sporadically exist, but for moments (10 or 20 seconds out of an hour) not continuously. I have watched all but from 9:30 to 11am CST .... 99% of the time it's perfect. Funny how people who don't even have a subscription feel the need to justify their own actions with a response (I'm sure when you hear that JS flipped her AFD, you'll be definitive in the fact that you would have never gotten back into the throttle after the first wheelie). I have yet to find any streaming system that is perfect. I can immediately think of 4 that I pay for monthly ... three are motorsports. None is substantially better than NHRA.TV in their quality. To me, all are well worth it.

The audio problems sporadically exist, but for moments (10 or 20 seconds out of an hour) not continuously. I have watched all but from 9:30 to 11am CST .... 99% of the time it's perfect. Funny how people who don't even have a subscription feel the need to justify their own actions with a response (I'm sure when you hear that JS flipped her AFD, you'll be definitive in the fact that you would have never gotten back into the throttle after the first wheelie). I have yet to find any streaming system that is perfect. I can immediately think of 4 that I pay for monthly ... three are motorsports. None is substantially better than NHRA.TV in their quality. To me, all are well worth it.
If your talking about my reply , not trying to justify my actions to anybody. If you want to pay for a crap product that's up to you. I'm not gonna.

Crap product??? Maybe with the issues they had in the first year or so. I signed up again this year after not having it the last two years and I’m thoroughly impressed. I don’t see what people are complaining about.
Agree, it's been great. Some people just love to complain or can't afford the product and trashing it makes them feel better. Just love those who don't have it are bashing it, lol.

I thought the car audio was great today. Could always be louder but better than I’d heard all weekend. Great job NHRA.tv and everyone involved.

First race of the year I guess. They did get it sorted out. Saturday and Sunday was flawless. But Friday was a WTF moment.
I to am a NHRA.TV subscriber since it’s beginning. After years of Diamond P and early 70’s tv coverage you took whatever you can get. If you truly remember those days NHRA.TV is kind of a blessing.

Back in the day when there were just one or two televised drag races per year, I didn't care how good or bad the coverage was. I was very grateful for ABC's fuzzy black and white show. Diamond P greatly improved the show. (or was it just that I got a color TV?) The biggest reoccurring problem I've had for the last 50 years of watching drag racing on TV isn't the sound or announcers. It's non-drag racing people's uncanny ability to know exactly when to interrupt me during a final round! After 51 years of marriage, my wife knows better. Heck, even my dog knows better! But I've had cousins, uncles, aunts, kids, grandkids and people I don't even know demand my attention right at the first burnout. Once, it was my pastor! (If I were Catholic, I would have had to go to confession after that one. It was INDY!) Now I record every show including the show after the time the drag racing show should end.

Alan you're a nice guy like hearing you do sportsman classes but really we want to hear the cars and dragsters run. We're watching Vegas quqlifying right now and you turned mics on Thank you sir.

I just turned on the FS1 coverage of today's qualifying. I think Brian and Tony are actually yapping more than they ever did last year. I mean they start talking as soon as the cars are shown in the staging lanes and do not shut up until the cars do their burnouts. Once the burnout is done, their mouths are off and running until the tree goes green. Then, their gums are flapping the moment the cars hit the finish line stripe.
I turned it off. I'll keep up with the results on dragracecentral.

I don't like to1 bitch but why aren't they showing times on sportsman classes. My hearing has gotten worse since my bout with Wuhan Virus. If you're checking in Alan see what you can do about that.

I recently renewed my subscription to NHRA.TV and the event this weekend was not downloading. So I sent an e-mail to them and they corrected the problem quickly! I was impressed with the effort on their behalf and just wanted to publicly acknowledge my appreciation.

Back in the day when there were just one or two televised drag races per year, I didn't care how good or bad the coverage was. I was very grateful for ABC's fuzzy black and white show. Diamond P greatly improved the show. (or was it just that I got a color TV?) The biggest reoccurring problem I've had for the last 50 years of watching drag racing on TV isn't the sound or announcers. It's non-drag racing people's uncanny ability to know exactly when to interrupt me during a final round! After 51 years of marriage, my wife knows better. Heck, even my dog knows better! But I've had cousins, uncles, aunts, kids, grandkids and people I don't even know demand my attention right at the first burnout. Once, it was my pastor! (If I were Catholic, I would have had to go to confession after that one. It was INDY!) Now I record every show including the show after the time the drag racing show should end.
The biggest problem with NHRA broadcasting since the Wide World days has always been them disrespecting the sport and allowing garbage sound and production. In older times the (not true) excuse was that the car sound cannot be outputted properly, now with so many different audio technologies they are still to stupid to get a correct sound/announcer mix. Papadeaus showed them the way in the '80's, they should have hired him on the spot and made him a vice president, instead we are still getting third world crap coverage of our sport

The biggest problem with NHRA broadcasting since the Wide World days has always been them disrespecting the sport and allowing garbage sound and production. In older times the (not true) excuse was that the car sound cannot be outputted properly, now with so many different audio technologies they are still to stupid to get a correct sound/announcer mix. Papadeaus showed them the way in the '80's, they should have hired him on the spot and made him a vice president, instead we are still getting third world crap coverage of our sport
Alan could chime in on this one, don't NHRA hire different people for each location?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back