NHRA top fuel shootout? (1 Viewer)

scooter

Nitro Member
Does anyone In materland have any Info on who might replace Budweiser as a sponsor for the shootout? When I was at the race In Vegas In Oct. I know I heard that the 06 shootout would be the last sponsored by Bud,but now even the logo Is missing on NHRA's website.

Does anyone In materland have any Info on who might replace Budweiser as a sponsor for the shootout? When I was at the race In Vegas In Oct. I know I heard that the 06 shootout would be the last sponsored by Bud,but now even the logo Is missing on NHRA's website.

Budweiser is still on the website NHRA official sponsors under sponsors. The only info on the shootout is for the 2006 season though. Guess that will all get updated once the season starts....DOn't know why Bud would pull out?

T

I heard the same thing at Las Vegas in October I gess we will have to wait and see....

A-B must have decided to cut back on some of their sponsorships. They will also no longer be sponsoring the NASCAR Busch Series. Of course I'm sure they're spending some real big bucks just to sponsor Dale Earnhardt Jr.

A-B must have decided to cut back on some of their sponsorships. They will also no longer be sponsoring the NASCAR Busch Series. Of course I'm sure they're spending some real big bucks just to sponsor Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Probably $20,000,000 or more per year. That guy is selling more Budweiser that anyone could possibly imagine. He is the Golden Goose who lays the Golden eggs. That is undisputable.

Bernstein likely sells alot of it too but nowhere near what Jr. does. That guy is all over TV on a regular/daily/hourly basis. If Bernstein was, he would get the 20 mil. too.

And don't doubt that Jay-Z isn't costing them a huge chunk of change either.

Pretty disgusted with that commercial that has them racing in the streets and waters of Monaco in cars and boats that could fund a nitro team for a season :mad: , all while promoting a lifestyle that could NEVER be approached by the average Bud drinker..

All about bein a "balla" I guess.... :rolleyes:

Probably $20,000,000 or more per year. That guy is selling more Budweiser that anyone could possibly imagine. He is the Golden Goose who lays the Golden eggs. That is undisputable.

Believe it or not, Bud actually MADE money on the Earnhardt sponsorship according to ESPN.com. Every T-Shirt/hat/die-cast sold gets split 3 ways, 1/3 to Bud, 1/3 to DEI, and 1/3 to Vendor/NASCAR etc. This is one of the sticking points in Juniors current contract negotiation with DEI. He wants more of that money for them selling his likeness.

Believe it or not, Bud actually MADE money on the Earnhardt sponsorship according to ESPN.com. Every T-Shirt/hat/die-cast sold gets split 3 ways, 1/3 to Bud, 1/3 to DEI, and 1/3 to Vendor/NASCAR etc. This is one of the sticking points in Juniors current contract negotiation with DEI. He wants more of that money for them selling his likeness.

That add campaign is amazing. I always look at it this way. You could go to the smallest hole in the wall bar in say, Thermopolis, WY and they will have #8 Bud signs and banners. You figure almost EVERY other bar has the same. Thousands and thousands of bars all over. Amazing!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back