NHRA sending out DVD unsolicited? (2 Viewers)

Received mine today. Went to the pile that I store the AOL disks. So you sold my info, did you need the money to buy another tent for the circus to truely call it 3 rings?

Last edited:
i just received mine today as well, looks interesting, I don't know what to do about this, I'd like to keep it, but I have to respond by 4/21/11, seems pushy especially for my location.

i just received mine today as well, looks interesting, I don't know what to do about this, I'd like to keep it, but I have to respond by 4/21/11, seems pushy especially for my location.

This might help:

I received it in the mail yesterday. The letter that comes with it could be considered very confusing.
The first page of the letter says:
"I've sent this to you as a no-obligation preview so that you can make the best informed decision about it".
Next paragraph: "If you choose to keep the DVD, it's available at the discounted NHRA member price of only $12.95".
On the back of the page it says:
"Because you didn't ask for this special DVD, you don't have to participate or send it back and can consider it a free gift. No question asked".

This might help:

well I jumped straight to the chapter of the first 6 sec pro stock run from E-town 94 and surprised to see more footage from that night session including Don Campanello & Bob Perry pulling into the water box and a run in that night session with Lee Dean (I didn't know he ran in 1994) stuff I couldn't remember because I was 8 years old at that time and I only remember so much drivers wise from that event (and thanks to draglist it helps me out).

If you don't want to get involved with it, pull it from the mailbox, write "Return to Sender" in big letters with a Sharpie, put it back in the mailbox and pull the flag up.

If you open it, you'll have to deal with it in someway down the road.

Any 'Maters get a DVD in the mail from NHRA that you didn't order? I read on Yellowbullet that a few people have got one in the mail and are saying it includes a letter which says you'll be billed if it's not sent back. Just a FYI: USPS rules say if something is sent to you unsolicited it is yours to keep and you do not have to pay for it!

That is correct. Unsolicited items sent to you via the postal service are yours to keep and you do not have to pay the bill. Doing so is considered mail fraud.

Here is the link:

US Postal Inspector - Unsolicited Gifts

Jim

I have done quite a bit of contract work in a MAJOR manufacturer of processed DVD's and from what I have been told the return postage for the disk only exceeds the manufacturing cost of the dvd and case. ;)

well I jumped straight to the chapter of the first 6 sec pro stock run from E-town 94 and surprised to see more footage from that night session including Don Campanello & Bob Perry pulling into the water box and a run in that night session with Lee Dean (I didn't know he ran in 1994) stuff I couldn't remember because I was 8 years old at that time and I only remember so much drivers wise from that event (and thanks to draglist it helps me out).

Thanks, Rob! That's why we are here. bp

I agree that was an awesome surprise. What i dont agree with are statistical errors in a dvd put out by the sanctioning body. During the race to 300mph they completely excluded the houston race and said gainsville was third on the calendar. If that wasnt enough they said kb made the run saturday march 20th. Last time i checked the facts and my calendar, march 20th was a friday. You can't put **** like this out because the new generation of fan learn this as fact instead of what happened. I remember when this segment first appeared on youtube i commented on it being wrong and the NHRA deleted it. That goes to show what they really think of the history of the sport. Close enough... run it!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back