NHRA releases 2011 schedule (1 Viewer)

I have to assume that Gateway dropped off the schedule and not NHRA dumping them , Right ?
Maybe NHRA just didn't feel secure in the status of Gateway and didn't want to risk having to cancel an event if the deal at Gateway went bad. That seems more probable to me.

add new england race for 2012 somewhere in summer months
The press release states "As soon As Possible", since there is an opening in the schedule now (without Gateway) and only 22 events, am I the only that thinks Epping could still be a possibility for 2011 instead of 2012? It is only August of 2010 with plenty of time to make any required improvements. As the release states, it is the most coveted Market left in the sport. Think of all the racers and fans in New England, Quebec and Ontario. Can you say $$$$$

As a person who has been going to New England Dragway for a very long time, I got chills reading about their inclusion in the press release, and will be honored to go to their facility to see a Full Throttle event even if it excludes Alcohol cars (which is normally my criteria for attending an event - that they are included).

I see they moved the Brainerd race back to it's original weekend. Until a couple of years ago, it was always on my birthday weekend, and now it's back!

Man. I can't BELIEVE it's been 30 years since I attended the 1st North Star Nationals!!
oldfart.gif

I have to assume that Gateway dropped off the schedule and not NHRA dumping them , Right ?

if it was my series and a track didn't know for next year?
and they miss the deadline for committing?.........dump em'.
what else can you do?.....sucks for st. louis area fans though.

Well, the other ***** about this new 2011 schedule is that the WinterNationals won't be until the last weekend in February. That's a real pain for everyone waiting for their first nitro fix in the new year. They should have kept Pomona at the usual 2nd weekend of Feb, and moved Vegas to the last weekend and then Gainesville at its usual mid-March spot. Then they should have gone either back to Concord or else Houston next and stay in the South East to help with the ridiculous cross-country traveling. They moved so many other races around that should have been a no-brainer. And NO, I did not check the NASCRAP schedule to see how it would play out. Was the Vegas weekend for NASCAR at the end of Feb?

Well, the other ***** about this new 2011 schedule is that the WinterNationals won't be until the last weekend in February. That's a real pain for everyone waiting for their first nitro fix in the new year.

If it means less chance of rain, then I'm all for it. I'm so tired of sitting under a tent waiting for the rain to stop at the Winternats...

if it was my series and a track didn't know for next year?
and they miss the deadline for committing?.........dump em'.
what else can you do?.....sucks for st. louis area fans though.

Don't know if they missed a deadline or not, but how can track as short as Englishtown not get dumper off schedule ?

from finish line to the start of the sand, E-Town is longer than Reading, Norwalk, Bandimere, and Pomona......so do we axe those too?

NHRA-Track-Lengths-big.gif

Denver may have a short shutdown area but, its up hill and the cars don`t generate as much horsepower or down force on the mountain particularly as it gets hotter. Its good to see the Mile High Nats kick off the western swing again. The traditional date always lined up with my mom`s birthday so I had two reasons to go home.

S/F
D

Chicago In July ?? lots of folks gone on vacation, week of 4th of July?????? no big speeds or times with it being as hot as it is , and the weather factor can even increase as we have more heat in the day , thus building bigger thunderstorms , but what the hell we at least have 1 race in chicago , wish we had 2 , like a few years ago

Denver may have a short shutdown area but, its up hill and the cars don`t generate as much horsepower or down force on the mountain particularly as it gets hotter. Its good to see the Mile High Nats kick off the western swing again. The traditional date always lined up with my mom`s birthday so I had two reasons to go home.

S/F
D

Three reasons....I got Coors to stop labeling you as an "Exception" Capt. Piper!;)

I remember Joe because back in 1995 while I was announcing Jr Dragsters at 9 years old, during the Northeast Pro Mod Shootout (Lewis Bloom and Bob Sweet were the announcers for the pro mods) Joe announced with me during the Jrs early that morning.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back