NHRA releases 2011 schedule (1 Viewer)

Since they are realigning their schedule anyway wouldn't it be more cost efficient to stage Vegas after Pomona, then move on to the east coast for Gainesville and then up the coast to NC?

WTF , No St.louis race, certainly not the worst facility ,well except for parking , but not to even mention why ? So I guess it's totally going under away now , Come on Sheik St.louis needs a race track !

Rt. 66 has moved to the old NASCAR weekend. This should be good news from a rain perspective. I have been going to the NASCAR race for years and it has never been delayed for rain. Might be a tad hot, so hopefully they make it an all night race.

51st annual Kragen O'Reilly Auto Parts NHRA Winternationals Feb. 24-27 Pomona, Calif.
42nd annual Tire Kingdom NHRA Gatornationals March 10-13 Gainesville, Fla. (PSM)
12th annual SummitRacing.com NHRA Nationals April 1-3 Las Vegas
Second annual NHRA 4-Wide Nationals April 14-17 Concord, N.C.
24th annual O'Reilly Auto Parts NHRA Spring Nationals April 29-May 1 Houston (PSM)
31st annual Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Southern Nationals May 13-15 Commerce, Ga. (PSM)

So...that's 2,387 Miles from Pomona to G-Ville.... THEN... 2,198 Miles from G-Ville to Vegas... THEN... 2,218 MILES FROM VEGAS TO CONCORD, NC... THEN...just a short jaunt of 1,061 from 4-Wide to Houston..... THEN...823 Miles from H-town to Atlanta to kick off the first 5 NHRA EVENTS... or 8,687 ON ROAD MILES...:eek:

Oh, BTW..... for those racers, vendors and sponsors having to make this 'TREK'....you may be interested in this product..... :cool:

2010: 23 race series
- 13 races prior to july 4th
- 6 "C" races including the nationals

2011: 22 race series (sponsor prices down next year :rolleyes:)
- 10 races prior to july 4th
- 6 "C" races NOT including the nationals

western swing + brainerd bumped ahead a week next year

add new england race for 2012 somewhere in summer months

Since they are realigning their schedule anyway wouldn't it be more cost efficient to stage Vegas after Pomona, then move on to the east coast for Gainesville and then up the coast to NC?

For the low budget teams... YES.... for the top flight, high budget Indy Based fuel teams this is quite nice to be able to start off season on West Coast...then head back to Indy for a few weeks. Then to G-Ville.... then back to the shops...then to Vegas....back to the shop.... to Carolina.

Meanwhile... the North Carolina based Pro Stock teams will go..... NC to West Coast...back to their shops and short trip to G-Ville....THEN... Back to Vegas...and back to their Shops...and short trip to Concord....

Still...lots of cross country driving and flights for LOTS O PEOPLES to kick off the season...

Good news is I'll pick up LOTS of Frequent flyer miles next season...:cool:

Right now Mother Nature is feverishly arranging her plans to coincide with said 2011 NHRA schedule. :eek:

So...that's 2,387 Miles from Pomona to G-Ville.... THEN... 2,198 Miles from G-Ville to Vegas... THEN... 2,218 MILES FROM VEGAS TO CONCORD, NC... THEN...just a short jaunt of 1,061 from 4-Wide to Houston..... THEN...823 Miles from H-town to Atlanta to kick off the first 5 NHRA EVENTS... or 8,687 ON ROAD MILES...:eek:

Oh, BTW..... for those racers, vendors and sponsors having to make this 'TREK'....you may be interested in this product..... :cool:

I feel bad for the Crews!:rolleyes:

PRO said they would never run 4 Wide for points again ... yet there it is right there on the schedule. Bruton wins again?

No Madison,I'm bummed for all the Wilk's Warriors-LRS,and the rest of us that Loved that track.I hope someone buys that place,and makes It Into the next supertrack.

51st annual Kragen O'Reilly Auto Parts NHRA Winternationals Feb. 24-27 Pomona, Calif.
42nd annual Tire Kingdom NHRA Gatornationals March 10-13 Gainesville, Fla. (PSM)
12th annual SummitRacing.com NHRA Nationals April 1-3 Las Vegas
Second annual NHRA 4-Wide Nationals April 14-17 Concord, N.C.
24th annual O'Reilly Auto Parts NHRA Spring Nationals April 29-May 1 Houston (PSM)
31st annual Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Southern Nationals May 13-15 Commerce, Ga. (PSM)

Tha was my first thought when I looked at it this morning, let the racers criss cross the nation for the start of the season, fuel bill? what fuel bill? One of these days someone who drives to the races will make the schedule:rolleyes:.

S/F
D

Means two drivers for the trucks. Hmmm maybe come out of retirement and just be a driver and BBQ chef. :D

add new england race for 2012 somewhere in summer months

Great to see Epping back under the NHRA Banner, besides I can't stand the Nitro jam as the same weekend as the E-Town points race, takes away a lot of D1 guys.

I'd rather see for 2012; In the fall Epping, Englishtown, Maple Grove, the Northeastern Swing.

But next year, Englishtown getting bumped up another week to June 2-5, I don't see a problem with that

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back